Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unique Duty Weapons

Site Supporter

Unique Duty Weapons

What are the most unique weapons you have seen carried in a professional role, military, law enforcement, security, etc?

For me it's a co worker who carries a S&W scandium .44 magnum 329PD. He runs full house loads in it, carries it in an old style trigger exposed holster, and his speed loaders are massive. His off duty is a S&W 340 PD with full house .357 magnums in it. His theory is he has more energy in 6 rounds of 44 than I do in 15 rounds of 9mm.

Afghan cops armed with Sigmas and I recall a U.S. Soldier years ago in Iraq issued with a Makarov (no shit).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    I had a UC guy in a LEO-only class a few years ago, genuinely good dude, who had a 3" .45 1911 that was so old the manufacturer didn't even have springs and parts available for it anymore. In fairness, it even went bang once in a while.

Said good dude went out and bought an HK immediately after the class if I recall correctly.

And Fred, Smith sold a huge number of Sigmas out that way.

IIRC, they (ANP) had 10 shot mags and Wolf steel cased FMJ ammo. The thing is they didn't deserve anything better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was issued a 1911 when I was in the Guard, a real 1911, built in 1913, never converted over to a1. I thought that was pretty bad ass.

I knew of a copper in NE that had a personal Sten gun he carried at work, in a gym bag with ten magazines, he used it during a sorta famous event involving some bank robbers up his way who tried to run, crashed, then tried to have a shoot-out with him.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

A PD up here issues Kel-Tecs

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    A PD up here issues Kel-Tecs
    WTFF?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Palouse, WA. One cop on their PD. He didn't carry a gun, he carried a knife, no shit. And this was in the early 90s.

There's a bailiff that still carries a 4" S&W 57 in .41 Magnum (not that there's a 57 in any other flavor). Rare for this day and age.

A local harbormaster carried a personally-owned Colt 2000 for a while. An officer who transferred over from a very rural department purchased and carried a Sigma in .40. And as far as I know, Boston Housing Authority PD must carry 4" .38s.

User Tag List