Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 526

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

  1. #511
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Pawnee is just a few weeks away. Who is in?

    I'm doing the 5+10k
    You know we'll be there!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #512
    I do run with a backpack on. I believe I can do that.

  3. #513
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Anyone know of any dates for 2020, trying to plan and register ahead of time.

    Haven't seen rockcastle posted yet, saw this one but orienteering is something I would have to re-learn/work on.

    Not too far from Traverse City, MI:
    http://wolverine5k.com/

    Also found this one a bit outside Charlotte:
    https://thegunrun.us/
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 12-31-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added another link

  4. #514
    Pawnee is in January as usual. Sadly I won't make it this year as I'll be traveling for work. I'm sure they'll have their July race as well which I'm hoping to attend.

    Rockcastle is up in the air as ownership recently changed. Haven't heard if Run N Guns will still go on there.

    Riverbend in GA is scheduled for Aug 29. Should be HOT.

  5. #515
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Anyone know of any dates for 2020, trying to plan and register ahead of time.

    Haven't seen rockcastle posted yet, saw this one but orienteering is something I would have to re-learn/work on.

    Not too far from Traverse City, MI:
    http://wolverine5k.com/

    Also found this one a bit outside Charlotte:
    https://thegunrun.us/
    I follow this group on facebook thatís all about run n gun biathlons:

    https://m.facebook.com/groups/144154...06&ref=m_notif

    Buried somewhere in their feed is a list of run n gun events. I donít know if itís been updated for 2020, though.

  6. #516
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear you're not going to be at Pawnee this month LJ. Are any other PF'ers planning to make the trek?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #517
    Member dustyvarmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Sorry to hear you're not going to be at Pawnee this month LJ. Are any other PF'ers planning to make the trek?
    FOG, I'll be there. ROing and doing the 15K. I always like to meet people in person - pls do say hello. I usually wear a name tag while ROing.

    happy shooting, Jerry
    "Draw fast, shoot well," Mike W.

  8. #518
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Hadn't heard of Pawnee but just signed up. I'm not new to organized shooting events but this will be my first run and gun so I'm excited.

  9. #519
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Hadn't heard of Pawnee but just signed up. I'm not new to organized shooting events but this will be my first run and gun so I'm excited.
    Pay lots of attention and ask questions. At the run and gun I attended (not Pawnee) I didn't realize the hit zones on targets was much larger than the normal target indicated zones. (They were using IDPA targets, but almost anywhere on the target counted if I recall correctly).

    Don't assume anything.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 01-03-2020 at 01:06 PM.

  10. #520
    Just saw on Facebook where Rockcastle is permanently closing. Guess I missed my chance to do the RnG there.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •