Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

I need to look into a New England shoot up here. Best place to start looking?

In the meantime I run a 6 mile loop in armor with my 590 a couple times a week during hunting season. It's not as much fun without my dog though RIP Jack.
    Attachment 21938

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I need to look into a New England shoot up here. Best place to start looking?
    The only one that I know of is The Monadnock Rod and Gun Excruciathlon Mudder/Biathalon. See April 2018 for details and requirements.

http://events.mrgci.com/cgi-bin/mrgc...e=2018%2F4%2F1

The Rock Castle 5k and 10k Run N Gun is open for registration. Still spots open. I just signed up for the 10k.

Youre gonna love it! Last years inaurgural Rockcastle event was a huge success and this one is shaping up to be even better. The 5k filled up in 18 minutes but there's still several 10k slots open.

The prize table is worth the price of admission. Matt has hit a home run with the sponsors he's signed up... Glock, Magpul, Dillon, Vortex are just a few.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FOG; 12-28-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Youre gonna love it! Last years inaurgural Rockcastle event was a huge success and this one is shaping up to be even better. The 5k filled up in 18 minutes but there's still several 10k slots open.

The prize table is worth the price of admission. Matt has hit a home run with the sponsors he's signed up... Glock, Magpul, Dillon, Vortex are just a few.

Shoot! One of the local ranges is having it's inaugural 5k race in March, otherwise I'd totally do Rock Castle.

Screw it, I went and signed up. Looks like I'll do 2 Run N Guns in March.

Heck ya, you won't regret it. Its one of the better rng's out there. Better book a room at the lodge, it'll probably fill up fast.

Site Supporter
    Registered for the 10k and got a room at the Lodge, driving down from Dayton, Ohio if anyone wants a ride. Going down the 17th and back the 18th.

Hi Folks,

I’m new to the forum and new to the shooting sports as well. I just read with interest this thread, including the OP’s and others’ training regimen and after-action-reports. I signed up for my very first run and gun in Cresson, Texas on Feb 24. So this thread has some real valuable info for a newbie like me. The Cresson event is supposed to be about 6 miles, and I hope to be able to at least jog most of the way. Anyone elsecon here going to the Cresson event?

Here’s a link to the event:

https://texasrunandgun.org/

Looks like the Cresson event is one of a series of Texas-based run and guns for 2018.

User Tag List