Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    So, FOG manages to not just win the 20k run, but also did his first 10k fast enough to snag second place on it (the 20ks are timed as two separate 10ks, with the scored combined at the end).

Dude's a beast, yo.
    Humble bastard, you didn't even mention you won third in the 20k. [emoji4]

I'm celebrating with an IPA or three right now but will do a short AAR soon.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FOG; 01-28-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post

That's awesome FOG, congratulations! Default as well, strong showing all around.

Must be the HPG. :-)

Congrats... Good work guys.

LoknLod it's your turn to represent P-F next winter.

No shit, I'm the only loser who hasn't won something.

Better get training for summer?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

So, if in a fit of madness, I tried to get my busted up ass in shape for this, how handicapped would i be by a .308 bolt gun, that takes AICS mags, with a 1.5 to 6?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post

Awesome, I'm looking forward to the AAR. This type of challenge is infinitely more appealing than the obstacle racing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    No shit, I'm the only loser who hasn't won something.

Better get training for summer?
    I haven't won anything but humility and I've done 3 so far.

Ran the 20k. Finished it, came in 11th. 20k ended up being 14.9 miles. It was hard.

I'm gonna train up so I don't completely suck and run the 20k again in the summer.

FOG is a beast and an inspiration. He's come a long way since I first shot/ran with him in the summer of 2015.

Ah, I misread the printout I got at the race. Looks like I came in 6th overall for the 20k. My individual times were 11th and 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    So, if in a fit of madness, I tried to get my busted up ass in shape for this, how handicapped would i be by a .308 bolt gun, that takes AICS mags, with a 1.5 to 6?
    I ran the 20k with a Ruger GSR with no optics last summer. My buddy ran a Mossberg MVP with scout scope this winter. It's definitely a handicap but it has been done. Tough to compete with semis but it's gratifying nonetheless.

Come to think of it another buddy actually won it a few years ago with a high dollar surgeon bolt gun. He made it all the way to the end before he missed his first target.

User Tag List