Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    It's the 28th.

Come on over and have a steak with us Saturday night.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    I'll see what I can do, several of my training buddies are in a cash prize invitational BJJ tournament that day. I need to be there for that but if we get done early I may be able to swing it. It text with LnL to see how it's going in Pawnee.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    For payment, I need pics of you running that setup. Can I send one to HPG after the race?
    I agree to those terms. [emoji4]

I'll try to take some at the actual match but in the meantime, here's a few showing the setup for both training and competition

PHYSICAL TRAINING:
    Road and trail runs with plate carrier (less side plates), HPG recon harness, PPS 2 in snubby kit bag, small FAK in medium GP pouch, 2L Hydration bladder. 27# total. Distances range from 4 to 18 miles.

COMPETITION TRAINING:
    Mock run and guns with slung rifle, original kit bag with 3 - 30 round mags and VP9, Tarahumara pack with 2L Hydration bladder, 2 pistol mags on belt Approx. 22# total. Distances range from 5 to 8 miles with multiple shooting stages

That's a slick set up....

Looks good FOG! Good luck on the run!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Looks good FOG! Good luck on the run!
    Thanks again, next time we cross paths I'll buy you a steak dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Thanks again, next time we cross paths I'll buy you a steak dinner.

Ok, twist my arm. Seriously though, only if we get to do some pistol shooting as previously discussed.

I'll be there bright and early in the morning to RO for the RO'S who run on Friday.

Im camping out Friday night. Wife bailed on me, she doesn't like the cold. That means I get the 0 mummy bag I was going to let her use!

Be safe driving, see y'all soon.

Good news is, it Looks like the weather is shaping up to be workable. Not as nice as last year, but not wet at least.

Bad news is it looks like I'm going to skip. Excuses are just that, but I've got a head/chest cold that kicked in this week and running around in the cold wind probably isn't going to help it. I've got to travel for work the next two weeks and really want to be well before I battle with airports and argumentative cooworkers on snowy wellpads.

I guess if anyone needs a last minute ticket, let me know?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

So, FOG manages to not just win the 20k run, but also did his first 10k fast enough to snag second place on it (the 20ks are timed as two separate 10ks, with the scored combined at the end).

Dude's a beast, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    So, FOG manages to not just win the 20k run, but also did his first 10k fast enough to snag second place on it (the 20ks are timed as two separate 10ks, with the scored combined at the end).

Dude's a beast, yo.
    Wow!
    Awesome work, FOG. Wish I was up there to buy him a steak!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List