Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Cool,it looks to be about 45 min from my house. If work don't get in the way i will be there.

I'm on the fence for July not sure I want to deal with the heat. My buddy is out for BJJ Master Worlds in August, worried about injuring himself before the tournament.

I'm going to try and make it. heat is good. Cold is good. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I had instructors like you at Ranger School. My impression was that they had lost their sanity years before. Unfortunately, before they could be certified and locked away in padded rooms, they insisted on trying to teach us why running long distances with rucksacks, rifles and gear was "all good." Personally, I thought it was pretty much all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    This just popped up as another option in the area. Don't know any more about it than this, yet.

http://alexarms.com/?event=central-o...ay-may-21-2016

EtA: Checking the map, this is 9 miles down the county road from my parent's house. Practically my backyard.

Expect lots of sandburrs and bullnettles.

Eta2:
    Sounds more obstacle-focused than Pawnee and higher round count too.... 125 rifle/125 pistol? That's a lot of pistol mags to carry.
    I did that one last May. Not very organized but it was during a flood season so that didn't help matters. They were real undermanned staff wise, maybe 4 RO's... total. Good folks though, I'm sure they've made improvements. Pawnee and Pecos will spoil a man b/c they run pretty smooth.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I did that one last May. Not very organized but it was during a flood season so that didn't help matters. They were real undermanned staff wise, maybe 4 RO's... total. Good folks though, I'm sure they've made improvements. Pawnee and Pecos will spoil a man b/c they run pretty smooth.

I'm going to keep an eye on it...location would make logistics really easy for me. Might be good timing to test development towards prepping for summer run.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1456779492488.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  88.7 KB

Run couse was rolling hills through thick pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I had instructors like you at Ranger School. My impression was that they had lost their sanity years before. Unfortunately, before they could be certified and locked away in padded rooms, they insisted on trying to teach us why running long distances with rucksacks, rifles and gear was "all good." Personally, I thought it was pretty much all bad.
    I take that as a tremendous compliment, thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Mind over matter /mental toughness ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Mind over matter /mental toughness ?
    Well, they say, "if you don't mind, it don't matter." Unfortunately the obverse is true also.

User Tag List