Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

PSA -- some of the pictures are up now, and there are more than what pop up so hit the hard to see "show more" at the bottom. There are some really good pics of FOG and SLG. One of me in there looking tired but at least I think I'm actually running in that pic

Now, for the extremely wordy writeup:

It was great to put new faces with screen names, as well as see some familiar faces, and I even bump into one guy I knew at one of the stages when we realized we recognized each other (beards and dark glasses will do that). As SLG said, PF folks are good folks, and I had a great time hanging out before and after the actual event.

I'll allow others to out themselves but I finished 35th of 83 10k competitors. Breaking out the run/shoot, I was 22nd on the shooting and 48th on the running. I suppose I could take solace in being above the 50% mark overall but considering friends and PFers (not to be confused with MFers) covered 5 of the top 11 spots, it takes a little bit of the wind out of that sail...

This is not intended to be a complete AAR, just a bit of a mind-dump now that I’ve finally got a minute to sit down and spill some thoughts. (edit to add: it still got pretty long...)

Thoughts:

Venue -- Great spot. The hosts provided a lot of room spread out over a couple of sections and it’s pretty country. The sheriff (with kid in passenger seat, in friendly mode) cruised by as we ran on the county road. There was plenty of elevation change on the road sections to make them interesting, and the trails were more technical in spots with a few small creek crossings, a good mix of mossy rocks under loose leaves,
    Weather -- it was really about perfect. Chilly in the morning, but warmed up quickly with the sun. I think noon was about the peak of warmth, as it did cloud up and the wind picked up around 2pm.
    Timing -- With the staggered release of shooters, I was number 4 out the gate, so I took off while it was still chilly (I suspect the wind was a bigger factor for guys shooting later in the day, but it wasn’t as bad as the day before - it probably screwed with some of the ROs who ran the previous day). The whole event moved faster than expected, but I was back in time to see SLG before he left. My intel on water and ammo usage clearly shaved at least 20 minutes off his run time I can imagine during the summer that the difference between running at 9am vs. noon could be a significant difference.
    Timing II: Fitbit Boogaloo -- I’m really glad I wore my fitbit because I was oblivious to the fact I’d need to keep track of my wait times. Using the workout timer to track wait times is good. Using the workout timer to track the run, then trying to do math in your head when you show up to a stage sucking wind from the run up a trail, is not good. I was told there would be no math...
    Timing III --Starting early meant there wasn’t much wait time at the stages. A couple were no wait and none were longer than 6:xx minutes. I think the later guys were talking of approaching an hour wait on some of the stages? There are pros and cons to more/less wait time, but probably a sweet spot somewhere in the middle. 5 minutes to catch your breath and let the heart rate come down is probably better than 55 minutes to lose your momentum. With short waits I didn’t have much time to catch my breath before shooting - I won’t say it wrecked my shooting but it was harder than standing calmly at the range.
    Guns:
    Rifle -- Colt 6933 (11.5” factory SBR) with a 1-4x Accupoint, MI rail, Magpul plastic. It was the best combo of light weight and magnification I could put together with what I had at the house (it normally wears an aimpoint, and the accupoint lives on a heavier rifle). I could have shaved a couple more ounces by dropping the Redi-Mod and light (streamlight in a WOTG mount), but didn’t bother. It was still a lot lighter than my other rifle. Since you had to run the rifle empty, I should have asked if I could run with a mag in the Redimag - that would have sped things up at the stages as well (since you had to load at start of time). Sling was a padded Vickers attached to the outboard of the stock and muzzle end of the rail. I’m happy with the whole setup, and can’t pin any particular difficulties on it. I had a 1st round hit at 500 with it (we’ll ignore it took me a couple misses to get the next 2 hits, though ) After, the spotter said my misses were in the dirt in front of the target; I was having a little trouble with the hold over with the triangle on top of a post at that range.
    Pistol -- Just a Gen4 Glock 19, which was also no problems. Stock, with 10-8 sights.
    Ammo -- Federal XM193 in the brown boxes.
    Ammo Management -- I screwed up twice by not getting my ammo situation squared away and re-staged after , which resulted in reloading on the clock. Not a huge deal except of my bag setup required a lot more effort turns a reload into a 10-15 second event. Once rifle, and once pistol. The pistol reload was especially painful because I had a pretty decent rhythm going and ran dry at the last plate on the dueling tree, and I knew it was coming because of miss/failure to swing earlier in the string (still my fault for having a miss, though).
    Gear:
    Load carriage -- I was all over the map with this up until the end. Final answer to was keep my belt slick except for a Raven OWB strong side, and then carry everything in a Maxpedition Kodiak S-type sling pack. I put one Tactical Tailor M4 shingle on the outside for quick access and stashed the other two mags where I could slide it to my left side and access them like a messenger bag (sorta). While this was a workable reload, it wasn’t as fast as a proper pouch on my body would have been - which ended up biting me a couple times... I also used my front left pocket for my half-empty rifle mag for much of the 2nd half and that worked surprisingly well.
    The sling-type pack - probably not an ideal choice, but as I discovered if you’re slow enough it doesn’t flop, then it doesn’t matter. Or something like that. The small strap that stabilizes it helps a lot. Aside from the potential running issues, it worked well, in that I’m right handed up but choose the left-handed “S-type” setup so it slips to my left side to access left handed without hanging up on a strong side (or appendix) holster. During the longer movements (it seems unfair for me to call them “runs”, ) I slipped my sling to the left side and rolled the gun to tension against me, which put the pack on one shoulder and gun on the other.
    Clothing - I didn’t do anything special here, I don’t have any special running gear or anything. I wore some of the lighter weight (not heavy cotton duck) Carhartt carpenter-type pants, a Nike dry-fit shirt, and cotton long-sleeve shirt over that. Wilderness frequent flier belt. A well-worn pair of Merrell Moab Ventilator Mids for shoes - these fill up with water faster than the Titanic if you step in a creek, but since it was warmer I took my chances, and kept them dry until the very last creek crossing before the finish. Also, I wore regular ol’ cotton socks and underwear - I have come to understand this is a faux pas. If this ever gets me “killed in da streets” I expect someone to take up a class-action suit against Haynes.
    PPE -- I used “no roll” push-in type earplugs, which are easy to don/doff and still have good NRR rating. And weigh nothing. For eyepro, I got a nice set of M-frames for Christmas, which I left at home and wore my old Half-Jackets instead, because I prefer the VR28 lenses for cloudy or shady varying conditions - which there were a lot of running through the woods. However on at least two of the stages they fogged badly when I got down on the gun and I had to stop and flip them up to see.
    Fitness and running -- Traditionally my idea of “conditioning” is using a 2-n-1 shampoo. This hurt me more than anything. I was pretty gassed halfway through the run to the first stage (which was one of the two longest stretches), and then did a lot of fast walking throughout the rest of the event; I would try to bump it back up to a jog and find I was jogging so slow it was just a really inefficient way of walking. I’ve always hated running/cardio type work. Prior to signing up in mid October I was on a very intermittent cardio schedule via indoor bike at the work gym (which itself was a pretty recent addition to my routine), and some very light bodyweight work at home in the evenings. I ticked up the cardio a bit after signing up and was pretty consistent on moving over to the treadmill at the work gym....for a few weeks. Was off work - and away from that gym - during the holidays, and had a round of bronchitis in there as well, been doing a little rowing machine work (a recent purchase) but it’s in the bedroom where my wife has been recovering from surgery, while i’ve been single-parenting in her absence...I’m full of excuses for this one, but they all stink. I knew coming in that the run component would suck at my level of (lack of) preparation. As a solo competitor I’m glad to have finished...as part of imaginary “Team Pistol-Forum” I’m dragging down the average. Nowhere to go but up from here!
    Misc:
    Water -- I carried too much. I drank 24oz but started with 64 IIRC. It was in bottles in my pack, rather than a camelback setup. I used the small 8oz bottles because they were easy to pack, grab, and avoid sloshing with half-empties. I ate light the night before and morning of, focusing on just being hydrated. I didn’t perceive any water- or food-related issues.
    Post event -- I’ve been a little sore today, but not too bad. Lower shins and in my quads.

There’s plenty of minutia to discuss around gun and gear selection - like how the 500yd shot requirement starts driving the gun setup disproportionately vs. the other stages, or the finer nuances of belt setups vs. chest rigs while running, or a whole thread worth of AR sling methodologies.

Riffing off of something FOG (I think) said after dinner, one can -and many do - look at this as a “gear test” kind of event. However you run the risk of some false conclusions because perfectly good gear may not work ideally for this very specific competition. Likewise the ideal gear configuration for the competition is probably not the one any of us would choose if we knew we had to actually go shoot at commie invaders or whatever. Gear testing is fine; being hyper competitive is fine, and somewhere in between is fine -- you just have to keep your inputs and outputs correctly framed within the context of the event.

It’s good to have one’s ego crushed every now and again, right? Failure can be a powerful teacher and motivator. There’s the frequently-quoted (to the point of near cliché) statement about not rising to the occasion but defaulting to training, but still we often enter things like this hoping we’ll end up somehow doing better than we know we’re actually prepared to perform. I don’t think I came in with any unrealistic expectations - but I still wish I would have done better. But now I’ve got a great baseline assessment to build upon and use as motivation. It's not different that first time you went to a USPSA match, thought "oh i'm a pretty good shooter, right?" and then were blown away by the guys who've put in the work to be really good.

And last, but certainly not least, a big congrats to SLG and Bratch for their wins, and everyone else for putting put a really strong showing. You guys all kick ass.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 02-01-2016 at 03:16 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

This was my first biathlon event ever. I had previously participated in two OCRs, both in approximately the 10k length, and had just finished the 2016 Houston Marathon at a 12:15 pace. I have had over 120 hours of formal pistol training from various well-reputed instructors, and 12 hours of formal rifle training. Training for the event was mostly just what was done in preparation for the marathon (primarily long runs, which was done mostly for the mental side of things rather than physical improvement) and several 10k runs with kit on. I had attempted to establish dope for 500 yards, but was stymied by 20 MPH wind and uncertain target distances on the occasion I was able to get out to a long range range.

I wore an Outdoor Research Ignitor short sleeve shirt, OR Ferrosi Pants, Under Armour Boxerjocks, Smartwool PhD Run Light Mini Socks, Arc'teryx H·150 Riggers Belt and Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX. PPE used were Oakley M-Frames 3.0, MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X with gel earpads and OC Tactical headband, and OR Firemark gloves. I wore the eye pro throughout the entirety of the course, while the ear pro was slipped through my suspenders during the run. A Suunto Ambit2 Sapphire was used to navigate (since FOG got lost last year) and to keep track of wait times.

My pistol was my H&K P30LS with the Grayguns Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package carried in condition 1, with X400 Ultra - Green lasers/lights mounted with the DG-11 and zeroed for 25 yards. Sights were the Trijicon RMR RM06 mounted by L&M Precision, with Dawson Precision suppressor height tritium front sights and Ameriglo suppressor height rear sight mounted behind the RMR. Lube was SLiP2000 EWL, magazines were modified with Taylor Freelance Border Special +5 magazine extensions with the included Wolff springs.

My rifle was an AR-15; the upper was a PWS MK110 Mod 1 (with a Surefire SFMB-556 and AXTS Raptor), while I personally put together the lower (AXTS AX556 lower with mostly LWRC small parts, Vltor A5 RE, Slash's Heavy Buffers A5 with custom weights, Geissele SD-C, Magpul CTR, IKH SLAP, BCM Mod 1 Grip, BAD ASS, Sprinco Green Spring). Accessories on the rifle were as follows: Surefire M600 Ultra with an SR07 on an IWC Keymod Thorntail, Aimpoint T-2 2MOA on a GDI MT6-OSM with TD iO, EOTech G33, Magpul MBUS Pro, SOB QD Bitch sling, Surefire SOCOM556-RC, Warsport Suppressor Sock, and Magpul rail ladders. Lube was FIREClean, magazines used were Lancer AWMs, with Magpuls mounted sideways. Zero was for 100 yards.

I used a TYR Tactical XFrame Brokos belt with their Assaulter's Base Belt-Tail and Emdom-MM Battle Suspenders; I removed the soft armor insert for the run. Attached to the battle belt, from the left side moving counter-clockwise, were ITW FastMag Pistol, ITW Gen3 FastMag, another FastMag with a FastMag Pistol mounted on top of it, BFG Ten-Speed Single M4 Magazine Pouch, a Gear Keeper retractable pistol lanyard, the Safariland 6004 on a UFA, and the Dark Angel Medical D.A.R.K.. I carried a total of 90 rounds of Federal XM193, 58 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm 115 gr., and no water.

The pistol was carried in the 6004, which was mounted as a super-high, single-strap drop leg. The rifle was slung over my back, stock at my left shoulder, ejection port out, muzzle facing down and right (rear sweep), with the sling tightened as much as possible.

The day started in the low 30s °F, with registration starting at approximately 0800. After registration, I bummed around with the PF crowd until the event started; LOKNLOD was slated to start very early, while Bratch, his friend, and I were middling, with SLG more toward the end. After LOKNLOD left, we sat around and were lectured by SLG on the wonders of the low-carb, high-fat diet (http://realmealrevolution.com/); most of us also were eating a bit at that point (I had a Mountain House Blueberry and Granola meal). By chance, Bratch's friend went to the restroom and learned that our bunch of three was like 5 minutes from go time, so we scrambled to get our stuff ready; this was probably around ~1045, though my recollection could be totally off. I believe each runner's start was separated by about 5 minutes.

At my time of start, it felt like it was in the mid 50s °F. I was able to run all the way to the first station, which was approximately 2.5 miles on a gravel road with gentle hills; I would guess that I was probably making a good 11:30 to 12:00 pace. I also ran into LOKNLOD on this stretch, where he cryptically warned me to "watch out for the slippery parts".

10K Only Bonus Stage 1 -- “Not my Gun” On “fire” command shooter must load 3 shells into shotgun that will be provided. Shooter must hit three targets, set down shotgun, draw pistol and hit two pistol targets. (if shooter does not make three shotgun hits, he must use pistol to make those up) 3s, 2p
    There was no wait for this station. I was relatively slow with my shotgun manipulations, as I have had almost zero exposure to that platform; still, one of the easiest stages, objectively, as I was still fairly fresh and the pistol targets were quite large. Afterwards, I advanced to the next stage, and was running on a wooded trail, with one small creek crossing.

Stage 1 -- “Targets in the Trees” On “fire” command shooter may load rifle and engage five 8" steel targets at short range in the woods. Two hits per target required, shooter must stay within marked boundaries on firing line. 10r
    There was a bit of a wait for this station; I recall it being around 10 to 15 minutes, and I believe Bratch and his friend ran into me at this stage during the wait. I did not have too much trouble with this stage. I then advanced to the next stage, still on a wooded path. During this juncture, there was another creek crossing, followed by a steep embankment; here, I managed to drop my ear pro into the creek, which seemed like an annoyance, but turned out to be a blessing, as it helped cool me off when I donned the ear pro.

Stage 2 -- “Rifleman’s Quarter Mile” (a.k.a. "Simo's Stage") On “fire” command shooter may load rifle and engage one full-size torso target at approximately 500 yards. Three hits required. 3r
    This was probably the longest or second longest wait I had, at 25 to 30 minutes, which gave me some time to catch my breath. This was also the shooting stage I was most worried about. Luckily, there was little to no wind at that point, so I started out by trying to walk my rounds in. Unfortunately, my first attempt to do that failed miserably, and I wound up sending a round over the berm, which forced the RSOs to call a ceasefire to correct me (no calls on where the shots landed were provided beyond that); on my second attempt to walk, after I figured out where to hold, I surprised my self by ringing the steel 3 times in 4 shots. I shot this stage with a magazine monopod and with some sling tension. Then, it was off to the next stage, which was fairly rough terrain, with yet another creek crossing, lots of vegetation to contend with, steep embankments that had me pause to do some route-finding, etc.

10K Only Bonus Stage 2 -- “Outnumbered but not Outgunned” On “fire” command shooter may load rifle and engage two steel plates at approximately 50 yards, get two hits each, advance to a second position, get two hits each, advance to a third position, get two more hits each. 12r
    There was almost no wait here. I did terrible at this stage, as I was holding slightly too high at the start, and the fatigue in my arms prevented me from going with fast follow-up shots, as I was shooting off hand. After finishing this stage, I then headed back toward the road, for a ~1.5 mile run back toward the start on the gravel road. Here, I was starting to overheat, and ended up walking the uphill portions, while jogging the flats and downhills; I ran into SLG on his way out on this portion of the trail.

Stage 3 “Fast and Flexible” On “fire” command shooter may load rifle and engage steel target approximately 150 yards away through each of seven marked holes in barrier. Shooter will then advance to truck and get one more hit from specified boundary. 8r
    There was another long wait here, rivaling (if not exceeding) Stage 2's wait. The barrier here was a VTAC target, which happened to be placed on the crest of a small hill, so many people had problems with reaching the top slot; the RSOs provided a cinderblock to stand on if needed, which wasn't exactly the most stable shooting platform. Several of the ports were in poor shape, most likely due to damage from muzzle brakes. This was by far my worse stage, as I was simply unable to get that first port for the longest time. Eventually, I got frustrated and just rammed my whole rifle as far through the port as possible, and got my hits then. The next couple of ports were also extremely aggravating, until I finally decided to use my magnifier, and then I suddenly started getting first shot hits.

Stage 4 -- “Shootout” On “fire” command shooter may draw pistol and engage dueling tree targets. He must hit all six on one side, then hit them again to flip them back. 12p
    There was no wait at this stage. I did not do as well as I had hoped, mainly because the 5th plate somehow eluded me for a good 6 rounds or more. I also managed to faceplant after finishing the stage; I was all kitted up and leaving for the next stage, and then tripped over one of the guidelines, breaking the fall with my face (not really).

Shooter must pick up ammo can at “ammo dump” on the way to stage 5. Ammo can must be delivered to base of flagpole to start Stage5.
    As SLG noted, the 20mm ammo can was fairly light, until one started to climb up the hill to Stage 5. Then, it seemed infinitely heavy.

Stage 5 -- “Take the Hill and Keep It” On “fire” command shooter may draw pistol and engage three targets, two hits each, holster pistol, load rifle and engage steel plate at approximately 200 yds., then get one hit on eight-inch plate at approximately 150 yds. 6p, 3r
    Again, no wait. I had trouble with the last target, due to the wind that had picked up. Afterwards, it was the final home stretch. Near the end, there was a mud pit of sorts; some of the smarter runners just went around it. I tried to test how deep the mud was, and ended up with my right leg ankle deep in it, so I was pot committed at that point, and just powered through it; I didn't mind, as I had brought fresh socks and shoes (or so I thought; I forgot the shoes at the hotel). I eventually made it to the finish, and turned in my card.

After that, I changed into fresh, normal clothes (with the exception of my muddy Salomons), and ate the meal provided by the event (a very basic Frito pie). We sat around enjoying the weather (a fine mid 60s °F) and each other's company until the award ceremony. It was at the award ceremony that we finally linked up with FOG, as we were not able to figure out which bearded white male he was (there was one guy that Bratch, SLG, and LOKNLOD all asked on separate occasions as to whether or not he was FOG). Some of the door prizes given out were actually quite nice, such as an NFA trust or a half-case of Gold Dots.

Gear-wise, I had only a few issues, most of which I was already aware of and was willing to deal with. Running a suppressed shorty as my gun was a conscious decision to use my go-to rifle; besides the excessive drop on the 500 yard range, the only other issues I had was the magnifier mount rubbing my back raw, and the sling rubbing my neck raw, both of which I was aware was going to be a consequence. I probably should have worn a real running shirt for slightly better wicking/ventilation; I have had issues overheating running in mid 60s °F at night with running shorts and shirt, so throwing on kit and pants and running during the day only made it worse. I remain unsure about my decision to not run with water, not because of hydration issues, but because I could have poured the water on myself to cool down. The only unexpected major problem was my sling catching on my RipShears, and thus getting cut up; not enough to affect the run, but I did end up replacing it once I got home. The other unexpected problem was quite minor; one of the rounds popped out of the magazine and into the TenSpeed pouch when I played musical chairs with the mags to find the mag with the most rounds and put it into the front-most FastMag.

I was somewhat disappointed in my running, as I was hoping to be able to run the whole way with zero walking, but that did not occur; I probably walked about ~20% of the course? My rifle shooting was abysmal, and I hope to be able to do much better than next time, though I was pleasantly surprised that I did not DQ out of the 500 yard shot. I suspect my actual running time is probably in the mid 80 minutes to the mid 90 minutes, and that they perhaps just forgot to remove the wait times? Whatevs.

Overall, I expended 75 rounds of rifle for what was suppose to be a 36 hit course of fire, and 31 rounds of pistol for what was suppose to be an 18 hit course of fire. No malfunctions occurred.

For those of you interested in attending, the hotel in Pawnee, the Pecan Grove Motel, was rather rinky dink, but it was clean, cheap, very close to the event, and had free, albeit slow, WiFi. I would stay there again for my next event. It's also within spitting distance of Click's Steakhouse, which was absolutely delicious and fairly priced.

The event itself I thought was decently organized, although there were some areas that could have been improved. As SLG noted, a staggered registration time would have been nice, as some of the people starting late would be sitting around for hours before they start. Also, there was some over-reliance on the fact that they were running a cold range, as I saw some poor muzzle discipline during some of the waits at the station. And, obviously, some of the scoring seemed like it could use some double checking.

Overall, a very fun event, and one I would recommend for those can make it out there, at least for winter; I'm still undecided if I'm masochistic enough to try for the summer one, too.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 02-01-2016 at 04:59 PM.

D,

I am a cool aid drinker on the high fat stuff, sorry! Good review of the shooting stages. Makes me want to do it again!

I didn't realize you took no water. I carried 32oz, and drank about 20. If this was July, how much water would you have carried?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I didn't realize you took no water. I carried 32oz, and drank about 20. If this was July, how much water would you have carried?
    Honestly, no idea, it'd be something I'd have tested in my training before hand, though I would imagine at least a 100 oz. bladder, with some of it being ice. I've found that I'm usually fairly light on water consumption while doing stuff, whether it be running, doing jits, or rucking; it's the damn heat that I need to work on. My first couple of times running in the heat, I noticed that drinking water didn't really help my performance, but running through a sprinkler system would allow me to speed back up for a couple minutes, until the water all evaporated. Part of the problem is that I take forever to start sweating; during the summer, there'd be multiple times I'd try to run my usual 10k route, start out well-hydrated, and I'd be dead due to overheating by mile 3, and yet I would be barely sweating. I just need to cowboy up and force myself to acclimate, I suppose.

I remember talking to you about this a little on Sat. That is a strange combination of physical traits to deal with. Like you, I start out well hydrated and need to drink very little throughout an event, but unlike you, drinking helps my body cool off, so that works for me. I really believe that many people over-hydrate during an event, but if you are too hot, then maybe more cool water would be good. What about those bandanas with the cooling crystals that you wet to keep cool for a few hours? Maybe try one around your neck?

In the summer, I intend to carry around 100oz, but I really don't think I'll need more than 64, based on my hydration needs and habits. Don't want to carry too much, but definitely don't want to suffer for having too little. The best way to carry water though, is in your belly!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I remember talking to you about this a little on Sat. That is a strange combination of physical traits to deal with. Like you, I start out well hydrated and need to drink very little throughout an event, but unlike you, drinking helps my body cool off, so that works for me. I really believe that many people over-hydrate during an event, but if you are too hot, then maybe more cool water would be good. What about those bandanas with the cooling crystals that you wet to keep cool for a few hours? Maybe try one around your neck?
    Yeah, my running friends find me a freak in that sense; I've done plenty of LSDs or even hard, 90% runs with them and not take a single sip until the end and feel fine... as long as the weather was sub 60 °F. I remember last summer, on a range day, I as abso-fucking-lutely miserable because I was just so over-heated, despite drinking a bottle of water like every 15 minutes, and pissing clear every 30, and we were mostly just standing around. As for the bandanna idea, what I have tried was leaving a bucket of ice water out in front of my house and dipping my regular bandanna in it every mile lap and wrap it around my neck, and it'd help for about a bit, but I'd still be way under my cold weather performance. The ice-crystal ones might be able to retain the cold longer, so it might help more, will have to give that a shot.

One of the competitors (who came in from TN, I think) posted up a short video from his POV cam on another forum. Thought some of you might be interested. He's running a FAL for you, SLG.

https://youtu.be/_L7U8M0_1UI

Cameo from some of the PF crew in the background, too.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 02-02-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    --Josh

Ticket sales will open for the July Run N Gun on March 15th. There are a few changes - registration will open at 7:30 and close at 8:30. Safety briefing will start at 8:30, those not registered by then will not be allowed to run, so please be on time! Also, the 5k registration is limited to 45 runners, 10k is limited to 70. I look forward to seeing y'all there, I'm ready for a hot, safe run!
    Ugh. I'm at a soft 80% for signing up for summer. no regrats

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Ugh. I'm at a soft 80% for signing up for summer. no regrats
    I'm thinking about signing up for the 5k for the summer run. A little extra shooting wasn't worth the extra running

Of course, I'm not traveling as much to get there.
    --Josh

If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

This just popped up as another option in the area. Don't know any more about it than this, yet.

http://alexarms.com/?event=central-o...ay-may-21-2016

EtA: Checking the map, this is 9 miles down the county road from my parent's house. Practically my backyard.

Expect lots of sandburrs and bullnettles.

Eta2:
    Sounds more obstacle-focused than Pawnee and higher round count too.... 125 rifle/125 pistol? That's a lot of pistol mags to carry.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 02-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    --Josh

User Tag List