Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    although I'm super confused about how I placed so low on the running;
    I was wondering about that too... if Bryce left ~10m after you (based on position), the times posted posted would mean you came in an hour after him. That isn't right.

And there's no way you were 20 full minutes slower than me
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 01-31-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Just got back home and will post an AAR later this week. Short story is I did a lot better this time. Achieved my goal of getting top 10.

SLG is apparently a certified badass. I'm seriously impressed with the guys who placed top 3.

FOG also smoked me on the run. I'm setting my sights on getting as fit as him.

Bummed I had to jet after the race but my group was leaving. I'd like to spend some time with the PF crowd next time.
    Last edited by littlejerry; 01-31-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I was wondering about that too... if Bryce left ~10m after you (based on position), the times posted posted would mean you came in an hour after him. That isn't right.

And there's no way you were 20 full minutes slower than me
    I wonder if they missed the wait time somehow? Mine looks about right, I was on the course about 2.5 hours and had about 1.25 hours of wait time, leaving me about 75 minutes on the actual run.

I noticed bonus stage two had a screw up the winner had a time of 0.00.
    Last edited by Bratch; 01-31-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I wonder if they missed the wait time somehow? Mine looks about right, I was on the course about 2.5 hours and had about 1.25 hours of wait time, leaving me about 75 minutes on the actual run.

I noticed bonus stage two had a screw up the winner had a time of 0.00.
    It's definitely not a perfect system. They forgot to write down my wait on the last stage, it was only a couple minutes though so I don't think it was what edged me out of a win

Assuming Default's time is wrong, I'm officially the slowest PF guy...
    --Josh

Good job guys. Congratulations! I have been following this thread while starting to prepare for the Wolverine 5K run and gun. It is different than what you guys did, but helpful nonetheless.

It's definitely not a perfect system. They forgot to write down my wait on the last stage, it was only a couple minutes though so I don't think it was what edged me out of a win

Assuming Default's time is wrong, I'm officially the slowest PF guy...
    I think I hold the title of slowest... 103 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I think I hold the title of slowest... 103 minutes
    Dude not even close You could have watched a sitcom after you got in and then told me about it when I showed up
    --Josh

Dude not even close You could have watched a sitcom after you got in and then told me about it when I showed up
    Yeah but the sling bag never bothered you...

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Mildly disappointing I don't know my real score
    Dude that sucks. Next time, snap a pic of your scorecard before you turn it in. To put it in perspective, my buddy Cole walked a portion of the gravel road and still finished in 105 min. Oh well, scoring mistakes do happen in any event.

I will say this, it was great meeting all the PF guys. You guys are great competitors and cool guys to hang with. Visiting with y'all afterwards while enjoying a good steak dinner was awesome.

LJ, your consistency was uncanny. 79 percentile across the board is great.

Bratch, shooting that good while running that fast is impressive. You were the only one who challenged Al's run time and that is quite impressive.

SLG, what can I say, you are a professional and it showed. I'm going make it a point to make the trek up to KC so I can come train with you. By the way, can't say thanks enough for the HPG kit bag, in fact I ran with it tonite.

All in all, it was a good event. Much easier than the summer, evident by the run times. I finished 90% in the run, 50% in the shooting and 70% overall, giving me a 19th place finish out of 80+ competitors. I practiced the VTAC board alot and did good there but was average/poor on everything else. I MUST get some professional training if I want to compete for the top spots.

I hope you guys had a great time and plan to show up for the summer edition on July 16. LnL and Bratch, try to make it to the Brutal Goat in April in Vinita.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FOG; 01-31-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Yeah but the sling bag never bothered you...
    There's always a silver lining!

Also, it's really hard for me to let that go (ha) without a "the cold never bothered me anyway" joke.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 01-31-2016 at 11:13 PM.
    --Josh

User Tag List