Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    So, smaller than a full-size IPSC target (so more E Silhouette size)? Or is the 20" in reference to the width, and not height? Just trying to see what size target I should be practicing on/getting dope for. According to Hornady's ballistic calculator (2700 FPS, .243 coefficient & 55 gr. for XM193, 3.1 inches height over bore for sight, 109 yard zero), at 500 yards, my shot's are going to be ~80 inches low if I use my SBR; might have to dial for elevation there (if I even have that much adjustment, does anyone know?). Worse comes to worse, I suppose I could use my 14.5" and maybe borrow a variable, I guess, but that just like CDI, you know?
    In July there was a 15-20 mph crosswind. Consider that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Could very well be windy in January. Below freezing temperatures and snow are also probabilities. Drawing a late start time would actually be advantageous this time.

Are you doing the 5 or 10? I'm about to sign up for the 10K.

10k all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    10k all the way.
    Cool, see you there.

Maybe some of our esteemed pistol competition oriented members will show up as well?
    Last edited by SLG; 10-09-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Well then. Time to place high by run time rather than shooting score. I, too, have signed up for a 10k. I personally find that ~40 °F gives me my best performance when wearing shorts and a short sleeve, so I'll be interested to see what temps I'll do best when wearing heavier stuff and kit.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-10-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Just signed up for the 10k. Only about 15 slots left open.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Cool, see you there.

Maybe some of our esteemed pistol competition oriented members will show up as well?
    Looks like PF is going to be well represented. Holler if you guys need any help with logistics.

FYI, there is an awesome old school steak house in Pawnee with a 20oz T-Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Looks like PF is going to be well represented. Holler if you guys need any help with logistics.
    How about all of us meet for dinner the night before?

User Tag List