Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Excellent! I'm reorganizing a few things in my life, I haven't been shooting or doing much exercise for way too long, not to mention hanging out here at PF. I think I'll sign up for the 5K as a first timer. Is the signup still over at okrunngun.com?
    Good deal! If nothing else, the P-F crowd eats well afterwards

Yes okrunngun.com is the sign up location.
    Last edited by FOG; 10-11-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TedKennedy
    OK - I've been getting texts and emails about doing a 20K. We're going to open this up to 10 runners only, and you must sign up by 12/31/2016. If there are any 20K slots unfilled at that time, they will convert back to 5/10K tickets. Runners choosing the 20K option should A. be ready to run early; B. Do a realistic "gut-check" before signing up - this is hard.
    FYI, for you masochist's out there. I'm asking for clarification as to where to sign up, assuming it's going to also be Eventbrite. Also, note that there's only 90 slots total this year, so sign up quick.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Can't wait! If the 20k is available I think ill sign up for it.

Just did a GoRuck 2 weeks ago and I'm feeling ambitious.
    Looks like you'll have a chance to do the double.

Which go ruck did you do? The Heavy really piques my interest.
    Last edited by FOG; 10-11-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Looks like you'll have a chance to do the double.

Which go ruck did you do? The Heavy really piques my interest.
    I did the Tough Mogadishu Mile. It was awesome. I want to do a heavy next year, but I need to train a lot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I did the Tough Mogadishu Mile. It was awesome. I want to do a heavy next year, but I need to train a lot for it.
    No doubt, I'd have to put some muscle on to tackle it, my current training has left me too lean.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Man, I wish that had been around when I was in the Corps.

This thread has sort of gotten me interested in this. I might have to try a match next year.
    So, I've decided to get off my ass and try one of these. Has anybody run or heard of the WTF Biathlon in Waco, Tx?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    So, I've decided to get off my ass and try one of these. Has anybody run or heard of the WTF Biathlon in Waco, Tx?
    Ugh. My schedule doesn't work for me to do that one, and it's a Helluva lot closer. I really need to stay on top of keeping track of all these different events.

I've heard of it before, though I don't know much about it. They're a newer biathlon. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Also, this Pawnee sign-up is killing me. Still ain't open, was suppose to be available at 0900, and I assumed it was CST.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-15-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Ugh. My schedule doesn't work for me to do that one, and it's a Helluva lot closer. I really need to stay on top of keeping track of all these different events.

I've heard of it before, though I don't know much about it. They're a newer biathlon. That's the extent of my knowledge.

Also, this Pawnee sign-up is killing me. Still ain't open, was suppose to be available at 0900, and I assumed it was CST.
    Yeah, I can't make next weekend's. But they have one in April '17 I think.

I'm in.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List