Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Damn, that sounds awesome. And rock castle isn't that far away from me.

Problem is I'm about 90% certain I'll be overseas on business that week/weekend

Site Supporter
    The Pawnee winter run n gun is scheduled for Jan. 20, tickets will be going on sale soon. 5k, 10k, 20k. Special side event is the 'Andrew's Garand Challenge' where participants must run a garand in the 10k or one leg of the 20k.

Maybe this is the year we get true winter weather? That'd make things interesting to say the least.

okrunngun.com

I'm headed down near Waco in a few weeks for the W.T.F. 5 mile biathlon. Looking forward to some stiff competition.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I'm ready! Planning on the 15 mile run.

Signed up for GoRuck in November, a 10M road race in December, so I've got plenty of training planned for the next 3 months.

Garand challenge is tempting. I have a Garand and love it, but I love my AR more. The last Mil surp challenge was much harder than I originally expected... I may go "easy" this time and run the AR.

Ooooh, now this looks like fun...

I used to do a few races a year (triathlons, mud runs, and a 15k) and though I'm not fast by any measure* I found them to be a lot of fun. Last two years I fell off the wagon and I'm not nearly in the shape I was when I did the Augusta half-iron; having a newborn-turned-toddler around really puts a crimp on training opportunities. I need to start getting into something to keep my ass moving. Looks like the trick will be finding one somewhere closer to home; anything further than a few hours' drive is out. I have no illusions of finishing outside the bottom 33% but that's not the point. I need to exercise, and exercise that's fun or has a direct purpose** is better.

*My time at Augusta was 6:57:14... yes, I'm slooowwww....

**I like helping people move; it's exercise with a purpose...
    Aviate, navigate, communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    Ooooh, now this looks like fun...

I used to do a few races a year (triathlons, mud runs, and a 15k) and though I'm not fast by any measure* I found them to be a lot of fun. Last two years I fell off the wagon and I'm not nearly in the shape I was when I did the Augusta half-iron; having a newborn-turned-toddler around really puts a crimp on training opportunities. I need to start getting into something to keep my ass moving. Looks like the trick will be finding one somewhere closer to home; anything further than a few hours' drive is out. I have no illusions of finishing outside the bottom 33% but that's not the point. I need to exercise, and exercise that's fun or has a direct purpose** is better.

*My time at Augusta was 6:57:14... yes, I'm slooowwww....

**I like helping people move; it's exercise with a purpose...
    FYI, RBGC near Ball Ground GA has a 5k Biathlon scheduled for March 2018

Site Supporter
    Rock Castle in KY will have another RNG in March as well. 5k and 10k. Neat venue and good organizers.

Site Supporter
    Pawnee tickets on sale today and going fast

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Pawnee tickets on sale today and going fast

I've got a 20K slot

They went fast. I'm waitlisted. 20k would be a little farther than I can put the training time in for by January. I'll keep an eye on the March events as well. Appreciate the head's up.

Site Supporter
    Keep training because I can almost guarantee you'll get in. The week leading up to the event sees many cancelations. There's always a handful that just don't show up also.

User Tag List