Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

I'll be there, and I'll be YOLOing it once again. We'll see how bad my performance is.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    I'll be ready. Since completing the War Eagle 50k two weeks ago, I've started training specifically for this run n gun. Heat acclimation and running with a load is the focus.

Dry firing almost nightly and live fire once a week with focus on mid range (100-200 yds) rifle technique from kneeling and standing positions.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Any bolt gun practice? I've been playing with the M39. It ... Sucks. Plenty accurate, just a PITA to do anything quickly with it.

The second half is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Any bolt gun practice? I've been playing with the M39. It ... Sucks. Plenty accurate, just a PITA to do anything quickly with it.

The second half is going to suck.
    Yes, but no long distance work

Event is this weekend and temps are predicted to be 101 with a hear index of 106. For the guys doing the 20k that means 5-6 hours of exposure carrying 25# gear with only the water you carry to sustain you that entire time. I suspect maybe 1/2 of the 19 guys doing that distance will finish. Sèems only fitting to wear my 'suffer in silence' t-shirt! Be safe gentlemen!

I tend to use an expensive baby stroller

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I tend to use an expensive baby stroller
    Dragging it under barb wire may pose a problem [emoji6]

I'm changed my goals from placing well to just finishing. This heat will be brutal and I don't have a good way to replicate it in GA. Not only is it cooler here but we've got shade everywhere.

My plan is to stay covered, drink water, go slow, and keep ice handy when I'm re stocking between laps.

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    Event is this weekend and temps are predicted to be 101 with a hear index of 106. For the guys doing the 20k that means 5-6 hours of exposure carrying 25# gear with only the water you carry to sustain you that entire time. I suspect maybe 1/2 of the 19 guys doing that distance will finish. Sèems only fitting to wear my 'suffer in silence' t-shirt! Be safe gentlemen!
    So, what you're saying, anyone doing the Juggernaut Challenge will have a joyous time with their self-flagellation?

I'm almost tempted to try it now. I'd be basically cheating on the armor side, anyway, with my STOP-BZs in a PLATEminus. Helmet would make it suck, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    So, what you're saying, anyone doing the Juggernaut Challenge will have a joyous time with their self-flagellation?

I'm almost tempted to try it now. I'd be basically cheating on the armor side, anyway, with my STOP-BZs in a PLATEminus. Helmet would make it suck, though.
    There's only 3-4 doing that crazy deal. I concur on the Helmet sucking. I'll graciously loan you my cheap PC and steel plates if you want the full, sucky effect.

Well, I packed my armor and helmet; still undecided if I'll actually go through with it, though. If I do, it'll be like 90% speed walking.

I'll be in a bright red top and bright blue shorts game day, hit me up if you see me.

User Tag List