Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Not defending your title? Shame.
    I wish I could. I think that boat sailed the last time I missed it though. I hope one of you guys wins it. Last time we had two PF's in the top 3, time to get all three slots!

We have decent odds. 3 out of the 10 entries in the Saturday 20k challenge are P-F members (you still in Default??).

Its sure been cold here lately. I did a 2 hour, 8 mile run n gun practice a few weeks ago, temperature was 13.

S, if you're not coming, text me how to get you paid for the HPG kit bag. Its a keeper. In fact, I'm going all 'grey man' for this event... running that kit bag and a Tara pack. No battle belt, chest rig, mag holders or even a holster. Its remarkably efficient.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    We have decent odds. 3 out of the 10 entries in the Saturday 20k challenge are P-F members (you still in Default??).
    Yes. I am also totes out of shape. So we'll see how long I take. Still need to figure out which rifle I'm taking, too.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-09-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Its sure been cold here lately. I did a 2 hour, 8 mile run n gun practice a few weeks ago, temperature was 13.

S, if you're not coming, text me how to get you paid for the HPG kit bag. Its a keeper. In fact, I'm going all 'grey man' for this event... running that kit bag and a Tara pack. No battle belt, chest rig, mag holders or even a holster. Its remarkably efficient.

Funny, I was considering running a Tara pack with a few BFG mag pouches on my belt. The Tara pack is nice and low profile when carrying a rifle on your back.

For payment, I need pics of you running that setup. Can I send one to HPG after the race?

In lame gear queer fashion, I'm pretty well set on the shooting equipment, but am still underprepared physically. I'd like to spend more time with my rifle on some longer range targets but in the end the shooting really isn't the hard part.

The weather will be the wildcard. -3 last weekend, 65 today, ice storm next weekend... who knows what it might be.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    In lame gear queer fashion, I'm pretty well set on the shooting equipment, but am still underprepared physically. I'd like to spend more time with my rifle on some longer range targets but in the end the shooting really isn't the hard part.

The weather will be the wildcard. -3 last weekend, 65 today, ice storm next weekend... who knows what it might be.
    That's what I'm worried about. Being from GA, I have zero experience running in the snow.

Historically the shooting hasn't been difficult. Even when severely fatigued. Longest shot is 500 and its a full size silhouette. Probably most challenging thing has been the VTAC board.

I did see there is a bonus this year: 400 yards single shot. Don't recall the target size.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    That's what I'm worried about. Being from GA, I have zero experience running in the snow.

Historically the shooting hasn't been difficult. Even when severely fatigued. Longest shot is 500 and its a full size silhouette. Probably most challenging thing has been the VTAC board.

I did see there is a bonus this year: 400 yards single shot. Don't recall the target size.
    Agreed the VTac board is probably the toughest rifle stage - the combo of odd offsets at long(ish) distance plus most are using magnified optics, which can be trickier in odd positions with eye relief. The pistol stages alway give lots of people fits too.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

You guys running this weekend in the ice or next week?

Obviously I'm out.

It's the 28th.

Come on over and have a steak with us Saturday night.

User Tag List