Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were going to run 10k carrying rifle, pistol, ammo, how would you do it?

With the determination it takes to lose that much weight, no doubt you'll finish strong. Congrats and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice working losing the weight!

Keep training and you'll be more than ready. River Bend is a good intro to the sport.

If you're up for a challenge Rock Castle should be on your calendar. Their 9/11 memorial race is on a different level when it comes to obstacles, round count, etc.

I'm native to Atlanta so I'll definitely be there. I recommend trying some local USPSA matches to brush up on your pistol shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Nice working losing the weight!

Keep training and you'll be more than ready. River Bend is a good intro to the sport.

If you're up for a challenge Rock Castle should be on your calendar. Their 9/11 memorial race is on a different level when it comes to obstacles, round count, etc.

I'm native to Atlanta so I'll definitely be there. I recommend trying some local USPSA matches to brush up on your pistol shooting.
    Thanks! I’ve stabilized at 175 now and I don’t think I want to go any lower; the trick now is building endurance and muscle and somehow dealing with the constant hunger. I like food too much...

I’d like to try to make it to more, but I work weekends so going to a weekend match out of town burns a full week of vacation. I can sort of get away with it on RBGC because we have family around Atlanta to stay with and we’re combining the trip with other stuff. Had the Carolina run inJune not been canceled I’d be going there, too (I could do that in a day out and back).

That’s the same issue with local matches—they also cost me a full vacation day right now. I’m already burning another day for the local GSSF match in November and I’m taking our intern to his first multigun match in May. Wife has claimed the rest of my vacation time

On the flip side, during the week our range is empty and I practiclly have the place to myself. I can set up stages to shoot, run around some then shoot, etc. if I want.

When I go back to dayshift in a couple years more of these will be on the calendar. And if my airplane’s done in time I’ll even have convenient transportation!
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Didn't think to post ahead of time: I'm at the Rockcastle RNG this weekend. If any of you guys are there shoot me a PM.

Site Supporter
    I unfortunately missed the sign ups this year

I'll miss you and the FOGs, crush it!

Race was good this year, awesome weather. 28 in the AM, 55 in the afternoon.

I ran and shot a bit better than last time. My new TLR7 worked great in the cave and made the hard shots a lot easier.

Overall the stages were a bit more demanding this year both physically (some sprinting and KB throws on the clock) and shooting wise( lots of weak side, shooting 200 yards from a moving boat is hard).

I wasn't paying attention near the end of the race and ran past trail head when I was on the main road. Had my head down shifting mags around on my belt and never saw the sign. Ended up adding a little over a mile which killed my run time.

Fun match and highly recommended. Next one for me is the Pawnee summer race(15k) in July. It's my nemesis; each time I've attempted it in the past I nearly stroked out.

Sucks about the wrong turn LJ! We missed hanging out with our run n gun friends.

My wife and I ran the Bataan Memorial Marathon near Las Cruces, NM last weekend. Great event, highly recommend to someone looking for a challenge.

Pawnee is just a few weeks away. Who is in?

I'm doing the 5+10k

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Pawnee is just a few weeks away. Who is in?

I'm doing the 5+10k
    You know we'll be there!

I do run with a backpack on. I believe I can do that.

User Tag List