Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the current Mini-14...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    And, PSA has 6720s for $799 through today.

I may just succumb to common sense...

Yeah, that's a pretty strong argument for reason right there. That's a Colt for middlin'-decent AK money.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

And, PSA has 6720s for $799 through today.

I may just succumb to common sense...

You won't regret picking one up.

If I'd have had the money for the PSA daily deal I woulda bought one of those skinny barrel flat tops for $799. Best carbine Colt makes IMHO.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If I'd have had the money for the PSA daily deal I woulda bought one of those skinny barrel flat tops for $799. Best carbine Colt makes IMHO.
    I couldn't agree more.

I use a 6720 as my "car gun" when traveling. And I paid a few bucks more than the $799 for mine.

Back in the day I had to have Ken Elmore build me a skinny barrel flat top, Colt didn't make such a critter back then. Ken and I, having both carried M16s up and down hills and such, agreed that heavy barrels sucked.
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    You can do a decent AR, even a Colt, for such a decent price that I'd never consider another Mini. I struggled with one a long time ago and an old Marine Gunny described it as a POS Fence Post. It's barely ok for a light duty fence post.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

For liberal democrats I would like the new DPMS AR in .308. You could shoot 2 or three with the same shot. I've got a good friend, a former Army sniper and confirmed rifle guy tell me they were a really good rifle. I think the lightest one is about the same weight at an AR-15.

Thanks for all the responses. The repeated admonitions against the Mini-14 are pretty much what I expected; I appreciate ya'll validating my concerns. And I was amazed by the current prices; indeed, a decent AR carbine can be had for the price of a Mini-14 these days.

My #2 son-in-law has one of those S&W Sport carbines, and it is an okay gun. But my city cop pal here at the lab clued me in to the new Ruger DI AR; with a dealer price of $510, and a local FFL who is into showing love to FROG (Fat Retired Old Guy) cops in my pocket, hmmmmm....

Anyway, an AR carbine is the smarter move, since I've got tons of magazines, etc.

Many thanks for screwing my head back on straight...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    For liberal democrats I would like the new DPMS AR in .308. You could shoot 2 or three with the same shot.
    Is there a bag limit on lib dems? I've been thinking about a safari in Austin but the taco truck blind I would need is kind of pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Is there a bag limit on lib dems? I've been thinking about a safari in Austin but the taco truck blind I would need is kind of pricey.
    I've got a buddy with a outdoor channel hunting show, maybe we could get them to film it and cover some costs?

"Next week, we take you on a guided hunt in Austin, sponsored by Taco Palenque!"
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Having seen one DPMS after another turn into a steaming pile of fail I wouldn't buy anything they make, except their ambi safety, that's pretty decent.
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List