Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver Area - starting a weekly group session

They'll have an RO sign you off as good to go for drawing from a holster, I didn't ask about AIWB and I think on their "tactical" range rapid fire is fine but best check with them.

I found them friendly and helpful, the guys at Shoot Indoors just left you alone to get on with it which is far from bad but my experience at Bristlecone as a newbie and someone looking to buy a pistol was better. It's a bit more of a hike for me but worth the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll have to swing by sometime. I think I may have visited a couple of summers ago and not been able to draw or rapid fire...maybe because the tactical range was in use? Anyway, worth giving a second chance! I can certainly understand how a helpful staff could be, ah, helpful. But I kind of like the attitude at Shoot Indoors....
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

MDS, are you shooting tomorrow?

Yeah! I still haven't made it to bristlecone, if you wanna meet there...?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Sounds good, what time's good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can, ah, "take my lunch" any time, so let me know what's convenient.

I normally get there not long after they open, early lunch work for ya?

I like it, indoor ranges seem to be most empty right at opening time on weekdays. I'll be there at 10am, then!

This sucks. You're going to my favorite range, and I'm stuck working.

Tell them, "Cash says 'hi'!" (they all know who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    They'll have an RO sign you off as good to go for drawing from a holster, I didn't ask about AIWB and I think on their "tactical" range rapid fire is fine but best check with them.
    Just to point this out: Technically, the holster qualification is $30 for the "test" (easy to pass if you do a lot of practice). It's mostly safety-related, so they ensure you clear your holster, draw properly, don't muzzle yourself, and can safely re-holster. If you don't pass for whatever reason, the $30 is credited towards taking a holster class ($50). It's all with your unloaded gun, no shots fired. Took me about 7 minutes to pass, which I did on their first public opening day. After you pass, you are given a green card to hang in your lane (you may have to remind them each time), so the RSO knows you're holster-qualified.

As far as AIWB, the holster qualification is "per rig", if memory serves. I carry strong-side hip; so if I wanted to do cross-draw, or shoulder, or appendix carry, I'd have to go through it again.

As for rapid fire - it's really okay on both sides, but keep it within reason. They are actually more concerned about shooting too high or low, and hitting something other than the rubberized backstop. Some people would pull the target to about 7 yards, then kneel down and do headshots - instantly hitting the ceiling and probably a light somewhere. I've been known to unload a whole 15-round magazine with barely any time to realign my sights, and the RSOs didn't even blink.
    Last edited by JackRock; 04-29-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added AIWB info.

User Tag List