Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: gentleman's folder, Spyderco Nilakka

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I have always wanted one of these.

This thread reminds me that I don’t have a dress up knife.
    I had the same issue, and actually went out on date night which reinforced it.

What I have wound up with is a Keeshaw... Leek, I think, that I found in my gun room, with a deep carry aftermarket clip from EBay. If it works, I'm going to buy a fancier version of the same knife but with a Damascus blade or something.

Site Supporter
    Congrats on the new knife! it sure is a looker.

I picked up a CRK Sebenza 21 a few months ago. My logic was that it was a good looking knife that it could be a "Gentleman's Folder" when I'm dressed nice, but still be robust enough to be used as an EDC.
    Last edited by Seven_Sicks_Two; 03-26-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I had the same issue, and actually went out on date night which reinforced it.

What I have wound up with is a Keeshaw... Leek, I think, that I found in my gun room, with a deep carry aftermarket clip from EBay. If it works, I'm going to buy a fancier version of the same knife but with a Damascus blade or something.
    DAMMIT! I did not need to know that knife comes in Damascus.

I have the Nilakka. I need to send mine in for the new bevel but I'm loathe to send it away.
    #RESIST

Yea, mine will be leaving for a week or two to get the custom scales fitted.
    I might have to buy another one, "one is none, two is one" and all that jazz.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My Nilakka with it's new custom burled mesquite wood scales.
    I was in a Texas frame of mind when I chose mesquite, and it came out exactly the way I wanted.
    Now it's a classy F'n knife.

Attachment 3310

Attachment 3311
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I can't say enough good things about "Sketchenscales" from BladeForums.
    Steve keeps you in the loop every step of the way, from choosing the block of wood to exactly how you want the shaping done.
    These scales came out exactly the way I wanted because of that communication.

More pics.

Attachment 3312

Attachment 3313
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-26-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Site Supporter
    Damn Jody...that knife looks incredible!

Site Supporter
    That turned out great. The brown G10 that the knife comes with does not do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    This is my dress folder (well, not this particular one, but mine looks exactly like it):

Please remind me which model this is. I had one years ago and lost it and would love to pick up another.

User Tag List