Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: gentleman's folder, Spyderco Nilakka

Disregard, found the version I want.. just can't seem to find one. Benchmade Model 875SBT Sentinel

Bumping this up because I find myself wanting a new gentlemen's folder. Upping my office attire game and the Skeletool I currently carry isn't going to work with dressier pants.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My friend made this. Contemplating how many organs I’d need to sell to make it mine.

Name:  8361952E-BE01-4F09-A8AE-ECD52D8EE0E6.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  C6CEC2A0-5FA4-4996-89F3-F5BAAA25F7AD.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  77.6 KB

Name:  6CF190CF-1DEB-40CA-874E-571E4F466657.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  73.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Bumping this up because I find myself wanting a new gentlemen's folder. Upping my office attire game and the Skeletool I currently carry isn't going to work with dressier pants.
    Gentleman's folder can mean a lot of things. What features and function are you looking for?

These would be my three that, in my head, fit the definition:

Name:  20200912_072755.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  20200912_072821.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  84.8 KB

Spyderco Delica Damascus. Pretty, relatively light. May be a little too aggressive looking for the office. Purely for blade quality almost certainly the best of the three but much more expensive too (though this one was a gift and I didn't spend the money). I'd cry if it fell out of my pocket and got lost :-)

Opinel No. 8 Garden. Light weight (by feel the lightest of the three). Cheap. Locks open and closed. With the exposed blade back (Unlike most Opinels) can be opened and closed one handed though not tactically fast. Basically a folding paring knife does a decent job with light duty tasks. May not be as flashy as a Gentleman's knife should be. Utilitarian but honestly my favorite of the three.

Laguiole en Aubrec 9 cm. Very non-threatening and classic. A conversation starter. Functional for light tasks. Has an improved slip joint that make it less likely to fold on you than many slip joints. Definitely two hands required for opening or closure. Tip can be damaged if you don't close it easy. The slender handle does not fill your hand and gives a little less control and power in use.

Gentleman's folder, (Apogee), by Darrel Ralph, ABS Master Smith:

Name:  Ralph1.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  Ralph2.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  47.3 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    My friend made this. Contemplating how many organs I’d need to sell to make it mine.

Name:  8361952E-BE01-4F09-A8AE-ECD52D8EE0E6.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  72.5 KB
    It'd be worth it.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    In the pre-covid days, I carried this every day in a suit. Never seemed out of place. https://chrisreeve.com/collections/m...roducts/mnandi

Also semi-recently picked up one of these and would recommend them for the "gentleman's folder" role. https://www.lionsteel.it/n/en/product/1866/bm_bestman

Site Supporter
    I don't know if I would call it a gentleman's folder, exactly, but I found the Kershaw Nura 3 inch model on sale at Blade HQ for $17 and I have to say, for the sale price it seems like a real bargain and will fill that role pretty well for me.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kersha...hp4i9pbz5zpefq

This is the closest to a gentleman’s knife I have:

Biker Burnley mini Kwaiken
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Found this in a gun shop yesterday and couldn’t resist. I think it qualifies as a “gentleman’s folder.”

Name:  072483EC-A4F7-45BB-980F-5EF1E3D3A6A7.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  D62C24B5-24EF-420D-A59A-C493BE4844D8.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  37.4 KB

User Tag List