Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry gun options

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    If I was in your situation I would go with a gun small enough to be pocket carried (PM9, J-frame, LCP), compact/subcompact depending on what you want to carry daily (G26, Shield, G19), and a full size 45 or 10mm. For the full size I'd probably go with a Glock 20 or G21.
    That is the way I am leaning. probably a PM9 as my wife has one and I really like it. Then either the G26, G19 or a chopped G19 might be perfect as I carry appendix the G26 or my G19 currently and they use the same holster so the extra half inch of barrel doesn't matter. lastly I have to decide if I want to stay with the 10mm/40 or go to the 45acp. I have thought of going to a G29 and running either the stock barrel, or 4.6" extended barrel to get the velocity back up while retaining a shorter grip option if I want it. Then I'd have a fat doublestack 40 with a short grip, or run the full size G20 mags for some more grip purchase.

most importantly right now is covering the small deep concealment and I think the PM9 would do that really well. It's only 5oz heavier than an LCP. If i can make that work then all is well. if not I'll have to re-evaluate something smaller or lighter. Lately I'm finding a need to wear suits and tucked in shirts more often and I'm not old enough to just wear untucked hawaiian shirts all the time.

Everything depends on your individual circumstances and needs, of course. I find the G20sf to be an extremely versatile platform. Can shoot 10mm or 40 S&W with a conversion barrel. (Makes a nice 40 shooter.) You can also get a complete upper for shooting 45acp, or for 22LR. Of course, this assumes that this is 'allowed' in your crazy CA laws.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 03-13-2015 at 12:38 PM.

User Tag List