Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Belgian Malinois owners...please step in I have some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Have you given Boxers a look. We've had one for 11 years and couldn't be happier with him. Very loyal, protective, and he has made a great play buddy for my two boys (5 yrs + 3 yrs old). He is super protective of them and my wife, but he is a huge cuddle-bug too. And almost no SHEDDING!
    I agree 100% about Boxers. Except, ours shed like a beast! Wonderful dog though and we still miss her dearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    The Martinez (Contra Costa County) shelter had a male about 6-9 months last week. Not sure if they still have him, a friend sent me the picture. But they are showing up more and more in shelters in the SF Bay Area.
    I might have to take a road trip. Cute pup in that picture and our 7 yo Mal could use a playmate.

The Martinez (Contra Costa County) shelter had a male about 6-9 months last week. Not sure if they still have him, a friend sent me the picture. But they are showing up more and more in shelters in the SF Bay Area.
    Damn, wrong coast. Definitely young enough to mold into a good dog.
    #RESIST

According to my eldest they make great snuggle buddies.

Just like other breeds there are dedicated Malinois (and Dutch Shepherd) rescue groups that will pick up Mals from shelters. If you see one in a shelter please find the local group and notify them. A lot of times the rescue group has already asked to be notified by the pound/shelter but it doesn't hurt to pass it on.

Dang I'm glad I didn't see that pup. I've got a lot of dogs but I dont think I could have left him there.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Dang I'm glad I didn't see that pup. I've got a lot of dogs but I dont think I could have left him there.
    He's not listed on their website anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yes, I adopted him at that size, full grown.
    Great looking dog. Seems to be very well behaved and highly attentive around children.

[QUOTE=IRISH;303712]I agree 100% about Boxers. Except, ours shed like a beast! Wonderful dog though and we still miss her dearly.

The lack of much shedding could be because we live in cold ass Vermont! He was born and raised in AZ for his first 6 years then we moved here. Poor guy hates the cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Just like other breeds there are dedicated Malinois (and Dutch Shepherd) rescue groups that will pick up Mals from shelters. If you see one in a shelter please find the local group and notify them. A lot of times the rescue group has already asked to be notified by the pound/shelter but it doesn't hurt to pass it on.

Ours came from the Malinois Rescue.
    http://www.malinoisrescue.org

We've had him since 2005 so you can call me an early adopter.

We are diminished
    Mal's are showing up more and more in the pound because people don't realize what they are getting when they buy one.
    I've seen the same. Our local (1-city) shelter had two so far this year alone. One was taken by an LE agency, the other by someone who thought the puppy was pretty. Guaranteed that second dog will be back there again before the year is over.

Trained with a local agency today and I took this picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List