Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fixed front with a variable optic?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Yup. I think it's just one of those things... I can shoot variable, acog, irons, but honestly have a hard time focusing on the dot.
    Well, FWIW, that may in fact be the problem.

You don't focus on the dot, you focus on the target.

Something else that may help at distance is a trick I got from Kyle Lamb, which is to line up the dot with the front sight post when shooting at distance.

honestly I love everything about the set up I had with the red dot. I am gonna shoot a buddies 1-4 on tuesday and see how big of a difference it makes for ME. Its just at the point now that I am fighting adding more weight at the cost of shoot-ability for me..

also would I be kidding myself to think a vortex viper pst 1-4 is a decent optic? I would be using it for the foreseeable future, at least until I have the money saved to buy a night force?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Well, FWIW, that may in fact be the problem.

You don't focus on the dot, you focus on the target.

Something else that may help at distance is a trick I got from Kyle Lamb, which is to line up the dot with the front sight post when shooting at distance.
    Rob_S, I am going to try this. Its worth a shot, at least before I give up on my H1 completely.

User Tag List