Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fixed front with a variable optic?

fixed front with a variable optic?

Hey considering dumping my red dot (been trying to get it to work for me but so far its not), wondering if anyone is running a variable on something like 6720 or 6920? if so what considerations do I have to take (what score and mount...etc)

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Hey considering dumping my red dot (been trying to get it to work for me but so far its not), wondering if anyone is running a variable on something like 6720 or 6920? if so what considerations do I have to take (what score and mount...etc)
    I've used a 1-4 with the Larue gooseneck (the lower option) on FSB carbines and the FSB never got in the way of shooting at 1X. It is perceptible like a slight shadow if you look for it. Functionally is was no problem. It drives some folks to saw the FSB off in one way or another though.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

6920 with LaRue highest 30mm forward qd mount, I never see the fsb regardless of magnification.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've used a 1-4 with the Larue gooseneck (the lower option) on FSB carbines and the FSB never got in the way of shooting at 1X. It is perceptible like a slight shadow if you look for it. Functionally is was no problem. It drives some folks to saw the FSB off in one way or another though.
    I'm one of those it drove crazy. I ended up using a carry handle mount and liked it better than seeing the FSB shadow in the scope at 2x.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I'm one of those it drove crazy. I ended up using a carry handle mount and liked it better than seeing the FSB shadow in the scope at 2x.
    I would rather hacksaw the front sight off than deal with the terrible cheek weld and wonky offset of a carry handle mounted optic.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    6920 with LaRue highest 30mm forward qd mount, I never see the fsb regardless of magnification.
    can you post a pic of that? I'm thinking of the tr24 because of a discount I have currently...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    can you post a pic of that? I'm thinking of the tr24 because of a discount I have currently...
    Not my 6920, on my 300blk pistol same scope and mount.

I will get a pic of the 6920 tonight for you.
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'm one who didn't care for the visual with the fixed front, using a TR24. I think there is even at thread full of pictures over at M4Carbine somewhere. It's not unbearable, but since I was going to have a rail and folding rear anyway, the front was just easy. I have the standard larue mount (not the 1.93).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    This. I have a 6920 with a TR-24G in a Larue LT135 mount. The FSB is not an issue, either on 1x or 4x.

If you get near Texas you are welcome to borrow it and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I think there is even at thread full of pictures over at M4Carbine somewhere.
    Dorkily-written post, with most pics still intact, here.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List