Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashlight dazzle?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You're judging a tool based on very poor use of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ^This^
    Absolutely.

Light Usage like most things is an art. When used properly lights can be very effective - either for PID, or Masking yourself/teammates. Light techniques are also around to mitigate blinding yourself (somewhat important when working in houses).

Yes lights can draw fire - and techniques are around to mitigate that threat.

Also understanding that someone who understands light will not necessarily fall prey to some of the techniques is also of equal importance.

One of my most frustrating aspects from most Shoot/Kill Houses is that most are flat black walled - which gives the user an over appreciation for how much light and wear to use it.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Site Supporter
    My point was not to denigrate the tool. It was to point out that it must be used correctly and one needs to understand how light and visual response work together.

It was also to mention that some publicity hype was just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    My point was not to denigrate the tool. It was to point out that it must be used correctly and one needs to understand how light and visual response work together.

It was also to mention that some publicity hype was just that.
    Flashlights, like cars, power tools, guns, airplanes, work better with good training.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    So the natural followup to this line of thought would then be: Where/with whom does one train for good quality low light instruction? It seems to be a valuable skill to know and applicable to most anybody carrying a gun/has a nightstand gun...

User Tag List