Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Low Bore Axis--how important is it?

We are diminished
    Just left Ernest Langdon's place. He's shooting a P30 now. Loves it. I asked him about the bore axis and he looked at me like you'd look at a student asking why the square peg won't go in the round hole.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Well...kinda what one would expect given that he won USPSA national titles with a high bore-axis pistol.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Well...kinda what one would expect given that he won USPSA national titles with a high bore-axis pistol.
    But the internet says that would be...

Site Supporter

Ernie

Some say he blinks sideways...

In the end, it doesn't matter what you give him, he can drive it well.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by JV_; 08-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Some say he blinks sideways...

In the end, it doesn't matter what you give him, he can drive it well.
    I seem to remember the year he won CDP at the IDPA Nats with a 220 and the SIG fanbois were going nuts on the forums, like the P-220 had dragged itself to the firing line and won all by its lonesome...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I seem to remember the year he won CDP at the IDPA Nats with a 220 and the SIG fanbois were going nuts on the forums, like the P-220 had dragged itself to the firing line and won all by its lonesome...
    Maybe it's because I was there, but in fairness I do think there was cause to celebrate. A fairly stock double action SIG beat every top dollar custom tuned 1911 out there. Could the average guy have accomplished that? No. Whether you want to believe it was superior to those 1911s or not, it certainly proved it wasn't inferior as so many folks wanted to tell us all season long.

Leatham also won the 06 Production Nats shooting an XD, beating out the Vogel-Sevigny wonderduo (still not entirely convinced they're separate people). Something else that's impossible, an old man with a high bore axis gun couldn't possibly defeat two sprightly young men with Glocks...
    Last edited by DonovanM; 08-23-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG
    Whether you want to believe it was superior to those 1911s or not, it certainly proved it wasn't inferior as so many folks wanted to tell us all season long.
    Must've been the bore axis.

Seriously, though, if there's any point that I'm carrying away from this thread, it's that, for all the talk about bore axis and pull weight and reset length and whatever, the single most important variable is the torque on the trigger nut, and it's big enough to reduce those other factors to statistical noise.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Agreed on the trigger puller being a big number one, but thereafter, I think it is trigger quality as number two, with the rest being noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Maybe it's because I was there, but in fairness I do think there was cause to celebrate. A fairly stock double action SIG beat every top dollar custom tuned 1911 out there. Could the average guy have accomplished that? No. Whether you want to believe it was superior to those 1911s or not, it certainly proved it wasn't inferior as so many folks wanted to tell us all season long.
    This event along with the day that the AMU's M16s whipped the Marines' M14s at Camp Perry are two I wish I'd seen personally.
    #RESIST

User Tag List