Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DOT 5 brake fluid for rimfire suppressor treatment (makes cleaning easier)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, I've had mediocre results with Fireclean (I did NOT apply it the way F2S said to, just a wet layer on the baffles) and better results with DOT 5 brake fluid. However, I was using DOT 5 brake fluid as this silicone oil was not in stock on Amazon at the time. That is the stuff the original article recommended. I will order some at the end of the month and report back once I have to clean again.
    #RESIST

Silencer Shop sent me some FC as swag with my Omega. Can FC be applied to a sealed unit effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I've been looking at doing the Gemtech upgrade for my OutbackII. I be psyched to hear your impressions when you get it back.
    Shipped my suppressor to them on Tuesday (Holy shit, FedEx charged me $97 for mandatory overnight shipping + insurance). Got an email from them yesterday that it had arrived, and another one today saying it had entered the upgrade process and should be done in 2-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Silencer Shop sent me some FC as swag with my Omega. Can FC be applied to a sealed unit effectively?
    Don't worry about that with a centerfire rifle can.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Shipped my suppressor to them on Tuesday (Holy shit, FedEx charged me $97 for mandatory overnight shipping + insurance). Got an email from them yesterday that it had arrived, and another one today saying it had entered the upgrade process and should be done in 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for the update. Was the "mandatory overnight shipping" a FedEx stipulation? I shipped a can in for repair some years ago and IIRC, it went second day without any issue. It sure as heck didn't cost me $100 at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Thanks for the update. Was the "mandatory overnight shipping" a FedEx stipulation? I shipped a can in for repair some years ago and IIRC, it went second day without any issue. It sure as heck didn't cost me $100 at any rate.
    Yeah, the FedEx clerk (who had no idea about how to go about doing it) said it was stipulated in her rulebook. I wonder if she got it confused with handguns (which, IIRC, do have to be shipped overnight)? I didn't know enough to argue, and I just wanted to get it shipped and on its way.

Yeah, the FedEx clerk (who had no idea about how to go about doing it) said it was stipulated in her rulebook. I wonder if she got it confused with handguns (which, IIRC, do have to be shipped overnight)? I didn't know enough to argue, and I just wanted to get it shipped and on its way.

Good copy. Makes sense.

Got an email today that the upgrade is done and it's being handed off to their shipping department for packaging today. I shipped it on the 29th, they got it on the 30th, and finished it on the 5th. A grand total of four business days.

Can't wait to see how it runs now.

Got an email today that the upgrade is done and it's being handed off to their shipping department for packaging today. I shipped it on the 29th, they got it on the 30th, and finished it on the 5th. A grand total of four business days.

Can't wait to see how it runs now.

Nice. Eager to hear how ya like the monocore.

I had Gemtech do a threading job on a bull barreled 22/45 that turned out great. I think the complete turn around for it was a week and a half or something crazy fast.

Pictures...well, because pictures... :-)

User Tag List