Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carry Options for Cyclists

Some makers will consider some small-run pieces if they think they can maybe expand it later into more sales. I know EMDOM has worked with MilitaryMoron for some designs. And I think someone from m4c had a custom magazine carrier made by another smaller but good manufacturer.

Can't hurt to send a couple of emails.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Some makers will consider some small-run pieces if they think they can maybe expand it later into more sales. I know EMDOM has worked with MilitaryMoron for some designs. And I think someone from m4c had a custom magazine carrier made by another smaller but good manufacturer.

Can't hurt to send a couple of emails.
    I am working on something at the moment, essentially a panel that would attach to the shoulder straps of an existing pack. I am stuck trying to see what I can do to mask a gun, but I think a phone and clip on safety light might be enough to kill the shape and seem like something that is a "real" cycling product.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I am working on something at the moment, essentially a panel that would attach to the shoulder straps of an existing pack. I am stuck trying to see what I can do to mask a gun, but I think a phone and clip on safety light might be enough to kill the shape and seem like something that is a "real" cycling product.
    a thin layer of kydex in the middle, with fabric sewn to each side will be rigid enough to hide a lot... the emdom carbine GYM bag has some soft foam in the walls so that things like forward assists don't look obvious poking out. Maybe they can make something with similar construction.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    a thin layer of kydex in the middle, with fabric sewn to each side will be rigid enough to hide a lot... the emdom carbine GYM bag has some soft foam in the walls so that things like forward assists don't look obvious poking out.
    That is what I am thinking. I would press the insert to hold the gun still.

The way I am seeing it now is that the phone and a fake wallet could take up the rest of the space to make it look less obvious.

I commute daily on a bicycle so I am watching this thread with extreme interest.

I discovered completely by accident that that a DeSantis Gunny SackŪ Jr will hold a DeSantis Nemesis allowing you to swap from pocket to fanny pack. I use a Ruger LCR in this application.

Glad I saw this...

If I'm running errands, doing courier work, etc., I carry a G26 IWB (Comp-Tac) on the backside of my hip. Doesn't get in the way when pedaling or such and is pretty unnoticeable. In the summer, it's a little riske' depending on how big the shirt that I'm wearing is.

My friend carries the Ruger LCP, on the front tucked behind his belt. I don't like this because it bothers me when I'm pedaling.

When I'm in a kit (spandex) I haven't actually found a good way to carry. Depending on your state and legislation, I suspect the best would be to use a standard frame pack that sits between the top tube and seat tube (forms a triangle). That is a pretty standard piece of gear for cyclists to put spare tubes, tires, levers, etc, so it doesn't draw attention that I'd be carrying in there.

Hmmmm..... For something in the LCP class, wondering if you could modify the pockets on the back of a cycling jersey to hide the shape, or use some sort of insert...

A hydration pack pocket wouldn't be obvious. The Camelbak Urban Assault has a handgun compartment but it's a big pack.
    http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...-ua-concealed/

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hmmmm..... For something in the LCP class, wondering if you could modify the pockets on the back of a cycling jersey to hide the shape, or use some sort of insert...

A hydration pack pocket wouldn't be obvious. The Camelbak Urban Assault has a handgun compartment but it's a big pack.
    http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...-ua-concealed/
    Perhaps finding a sleeve for eyeglasses that is big enough? Only problem with concealing to be "less obvious" is that if you did need to draw it out of your back, with this method you'd probably end up having to take both hands off the bars to get it out...

You MIGHT be able to take a square of Tyvek and turn it into a custom-sized pocket similar in design to an eyeglass sleeve but with less "pressure" so it's "looser", then sew that into your jersey pocket.

This might be an option for you cyclists.

I have the Shoulder Gun Sling Pouch made by US Grunt Gear. I use it when hiking and other things where weapon visibility might be an issue. So far I have found it to be well made and very comfortable to wear.

www.tigerswan.com

User Tag List