Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Options for Cyclists

Carry Options for Cyclists

Interesting question I was asked by a friend today that I didn't really have a good answer for.

Best answer I could think up was a belly band or possibly a shoulder rig. She found a few bike-mounted options, but I don't like the idea since getting separated from the bike means being separated from the weapon.

Any cyclists around here with suggestions?

We are diminished
    I rode the LIVESTRONG Challenge a few years ago with a SIG P229R in a fanny pack...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I rode the LIVESTRONG Challenge a few years ago with a SIG P229R in a fanny pack...

Todd you work out???

Todd you wore a fanny pack???

You are all that is MAN.

PJ

I don't ride anymore, but when I did, appendix worked very well. I used a modified Don Hume back then, and carried a G26 pretty deep. Too deep for normal use.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by vmi-mo View Post
    Todd you work out???
    I didn't say I won.

I wasn't riding through suburban Philly unarmed.

It wasn't great, but it was workable.

Quote Originally Posted by vmi-mo View Post
    Todd you work out???

You are all that is MAN.

PJ
    Nicely done.

I've given this some thought and a fanny pack or gun with a belt clip would seem to be best. If a clip was made for the S&W Bodyguard, I'd probably be on that like white on rice.

Another option is the Kit Bag, by Hill People Gear.

The designers of the bag are avid mtn bikers, and though I've never tried it on a bike, my kit bag is very well made. It is THE BOMB, for winter camping and hunting.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Another option is the Kit Bag, by Hill People Gear.

The designers of the bag are avid mtn bikers, and though I've never tried it on a bike, my kit bag is very well made. It is THE BOMB, for winter camping and hunting.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/
    The kit bag reminds me of the Kifaru Koala, same principle, similar design. The kit bag is not as thick/bulky as the Koala.

Is there anything that is running or cycling related that places a pouch on the chest?

I seldom carry when out in the countryside, where my only threat may be a dog or car; nothing I will carry on a bike will deal with a dog especially if he knocks me off at 20mph or so. A car? It's long gone before I can react. When going through the city I carry a P3AT or 442, but if someone wants my bike I will let them have it to avoid shooting someone. I carry a small fanny pack slung to the back with my cell, some ID and insurance card, money, spare tube and energy gels.
    A handgun can be a drag on a 60-mile ride...

User Tag List