Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carry Options for Cyclists

I use a pocket style holster with a paracord lanyard tied to the corner of the hoslter and secured to the inside of my CamelBak Mule. The Mule has two or three different zippered pockets and I stow my 229R and my credentials alone in the middle sized pocket. If I need to access my handgun it slides out of the hoslter as I remove it and the holster remains attached to the Mule. The pocket holster just gives me some peace of mind that nothings gonna sneak into the trigger guard. I'd like it get one of those trigger guard kydex covers that RCS makes.

This is not really a "speed" setup but I'm armed atleast. The Mule is kinda big but I ride mountain bike only so it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    This is not really a "speed" setup but I'm armed atleast. The Mule is kinda big but I ride mountain bike only so it works for me.
    i only ride my mountain bike on trails and use the Mule as well. gets kind of heavy with 3L of water, a hand gun, and some minor repair tools.

When commuting on my bike each day--just normal carry mode.

When mountain biking--much like doughnut noted with a pistol in a holster inside a Camelback.

When road riding, a lightweight J-frame tucked in a rear jersey pocket works with the right pocket holster (to disguise the shape, a thin rectangular piece of plastic can be attached to the outside of the holster).

User Tag List