Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JJ Racaza holster...seen it?

WHHHHAAT!

Treacherous sorcery!

That is probably the neatest thing I've ever seen.

It seems that he didn't always give it the nudge with the weak hand?
    #RESIST

I think he used the strong hand on his way up to the grip sometimes.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

JJ replied to some questions that I had about the holster.

Jason,

1. Is there some sort of "assist" that helps the gun out of the holster/keeps it in place? How consistent is the presentation of the pistol?
    There is definitely an "assist" that keeps the holster in place. Your body against the holster is part of the retention, I've tested this holster during defensive measures and it held up the way it was supposed to. As for the gun coming out, there is no "assist" it is what it is. You essentially push it out from the bottom and with practice the gun will pop out of the holster the way it should consistently. With that said, it will not "pop-out" during normal body movements and etc...*

2. Are some configurations better suited to the holster than others? For example, would a Glock 26 work better or worse than a Glock 19?
    It fits all Glocks, however, the full size Glock 36 does tend to stick out at the top of the holster a bit. Glock 36 is actually the gun I try to demo this holster with so it makes an impression. Glock 26 works just as well as the Glock 19. The baby glock just needs to be pushed a bit differently with a curled finger to have the gun "pop-out" on to your firing hand.

I hope this helped. Thanks again!
    V/R,
    jj Racaza
    Dept Of Homeland Security
    Training Department
    Training Officer/ Lead Firearms Instructor
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Thanks all for the input
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

It's a decent solution for deep concealment of a mid sized duty weapon. I'm not nearly as fast as JJ with it, and reholstering is a slow, cautious, two handed process for me. If I'm not careful, my 228 pinches a bit when I reholster. It is a great product that fits a specific niche.

Quote Originally Posted by NextGhost View Post
    It's a decent solution for deep concealment of a mid sized duty weapon. I'm not nearly as fast as JJ with it, and reholstering is a slow, cautious, two handed process for me. If I'm not careful, my 228 pinches a bit when I reholster. It is a great product that fits a specific niche.
    You are the first person that I've found that has used one.

How comfortable is it? How is it for drawing from a seated position?

Thanks
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Comfort isn't bad, a seated draw for me is very very slow and involves a few contortions, it is faster to stand and draw. If I was expecting to be in a car I'd use a different holster. It's very rare for me to need the level of concealment this particular holster offers, so it's a nice option to have, but daily I'm either AIWB in a looper or OWB in a phantom depending on what I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by NextGhost View Post
    Comfort isn't bad, a seated draw for me is very very slow and involves a few contortions, it is faster to stand and draw. If I was expecting to be in a car I'd use a different holster. It's very rare for me to need the level of concealment this particular holster offers, so it's a nice option to have, but daily I'm either AIWB in a looper or OWB in a phantom depending on what I'm wearing.
    Thanks for sharing your review. Much appreciated
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Wow, thanks for that video clip, it brings back some memories...I saw it years ago while taking a class in the service. The JJ Racaza holster looks interesting...kinda like a chastity belt with a twist. I guess the really big plus of wearing that thing is it's kinda like wearing a cup/groin protector and a holster.

User Tag List