Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Dad Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I simply allowed my wife out of the kitchen to handle the kid. Alleviated me having to haul anything around town.
    Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Jesus, I raised three kids to adulthood with two parents working more than full time jobs. All the while I never knew I should have put together a load out as if I was planning for SHTF. It's amazing any of us made it out alive.
    Well, I don't think you need thirty-seven diapers, fourteen spare sets of clothes, but a little preparedness goes a long way. I thought for years my father, a former Air Force Medic, only ever carried around his pocket knife and a bandanna for dealing with kids. It's all I could remember from when I was a kid. Years went by and then my sister had kids and I noticed an old medic's bag hanging around in the house and another in his truck. Finally, I asked him about it and he looked at me funny and said, "Don't you remember those from when you were a kid?" - Turns out it was a "dad loadout" that basically included a good first aid kit, some Scooby-Doo bandaids, a couple of snack bars, and some spare ammo for his pistol. With the grandkids hanging around he dug the bags back out and loaded them up.

Then I realized the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Jesus, I raised three kids to adulthood with two parents working more than full time jobs. All the while I never knew I should have put together a load out as if I was planning for SHTF. It's amazing any of us made it out alive.
    One Christmas when my wife, my son and I were traveling to see my folks, we ran into an older gentleman who looked curiously at our various baby gear, then said "I stormed the beaches of Normandy with less shit."

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    One Christmas when my wife, my son and I were traveling to see my folks, we ran into an older gentleman who looked curiously at our various baby gear, then said "I stormed the beaches of Normandy with less shit."
    Priceless.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Any new options on a diaper bag? Are doing bags where it's at? I have twins due on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Any new options on a diaper bag? Are doing bags where it's at? I have twins due on Wednesday.
    First, freaking congrats!! I don't shoot a high enough caliber to make two at a time, but more power to you.

On bags, I went through this dilemma with my first, and ultimately chose to simply drive on with my standard (preferred) EDC system on my person. It's what I'm used to, it's what I'll always have ON ME, and it obviously offers the most control. For those reasons, I decided the tactical diaper bag was just another man-fantasy drummed up by my love of new kit. Boys and toys, and whatnot. YMMV

That's not to say I didn't occasionally stuff some extra mags and quite often a blowout kit in the baby bag.

I was thinking a sling bag type that way I still have two Arms. For some odd reason sling went to doing....

Thanks!
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 02-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    blowout kit in the baby bag.
    That can mean two totally different things.

CONGRATS!

My kids are now 18 and 14, so it's been a long time since I've been oriented towards baby gear. Having said that, I just got a 5.11 RUSH 12 backpack, and I gotta believe that this (or the larger versions---RUSH 24 or RUSH 72) could work really, really well for all parties.

I'm enjoying my RUSH 12. The design, layout, construction, materials, flexibility and versatility is really strong. There are tons of compartments to organize and easily access different sizes/categories of gear. The shoulder straps are comfortable; and the main grab-handle is well designed, well built and comfortable in hand. Perhaps best of all, it's somehow far roomier inside that it appears to be from the outside. I highly recommend it. If I could have had one of these way back when, I definitely would have run this bad rather than the typical baby/diaper bag of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    First, freaking congrats!! I don't shoot a high enough caliber to make two at a time, but more power to you.
    It's more about the shot placement anyway, or so they tell me...

User Tag List