Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LCR 357 as a bug?

Chris, I only shoot either standard or +p out of my 357 LCR and it doesn't have a heavy recoil or become uncomfortable. I completely understand the gateway drug reference, I have been eyeing up a wiley clapp gp100 for awhile now..

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have been weighing heavily on selling my Ruger LCR 357. It is a good shooter and I enjoy the extra weight to help with recoil but am starting to think it may be to big for ankle or pocket carry. I am really debating moving towards an airweight but I am torn..

anyone have any thought son this?
    It is certainly not too big for ankle carry. I have carried one as a BUG in an ankle holster on duty for roughly 2 years now and it has never been uncomfortable nor really noticeable there.

Pocket carry is more personal depending on how you dress and your build. I do not pocket carry much beyond a wallet and keys comfortably, so I can't really say much on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by iveschris View Post
    I have considered picking up another one, curiously enough the .357 you mention but for .38s. One fear, on a different subject, is that another LCR will be a gateway drug leading to a Match Champion or a Wiley Clapp GP100.

I actually own all three of those. It's tough to go wrong with access to a 2", 3", and 4". I started with the Wiley Clapp, added the LCR shortly thereafter, and got a Match Champion a month or so after they were released.

User Tag List