Thread: Aimpoint T1 issue

Aimpoint T1 issue

I grabbed an Aimpoint T1 off my M&P 22 AR to stick on a Benelli M2 20 gauge, bear gun.

When I got it mounted, I noticed when twisting the rheostat, the dot went from pretty dim to, on the highest position, completely flaring so the whole tube was red. Not a usable range in outdoor lighting on any position of adjustment.

I assumed I had a bad battery and changed it. Same result. I assumed I had another bad battery, so I grabbed my brand new T2, and pulled its brand new battery. Same result.

Will call Aimpoint later. Anyone seen this problem?

PS: the T2 seems a much improved product in terms of lens covers, protection for the adjustment turrets and how the switch feels while controlling intensity of the dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had a T1 mounted on a carbine fog up in Pat Rogers 3 day carbine class in SC 2014. He photographed it. I pulled out my spare and continued.
    I emailed Aimpoint more than a month ago but have not heard from them.

I would call them. Emails get lost easily.

Do not e-mail. Call, and ask for John Enloe.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Do not e-mail. Call, and ask for John Enloe.
    ^what he said lol

Wayne called me and hooked me up with John's info. Nice having Darryl and Wayne around!

John Enloe is a super good dude.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    John Enloe is a super good dude.
    That is absolute truth. He's also forgotten more about the sights than I know.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Given how few Aimpoint issues I have experienced over the years, there is probably a good joke possible about John being like the Maytag repair guy.

User Tag List