Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Hey guys,

I wanted to introduce my company, ARID Products, and our flagship product, the Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC). I'm not trying to spam for the sake of selling stuff (we are still pre-production and have nothing to sell), I just wanted you guys be able to see what's coming... mostly so I put pressure on myself to get things moving quickly! If pictures are worth a thousand words, video is an an encyclopedia:

Alpha testing is rapping up, and once a few tweaks and changes are implemented, we will begin beta testing. I can't comment yet on expected MSRP, there are just too many variables associated with production costs at this point. We plan to have this available in 12 gauge for the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500/590. We aren't ruling out other models or calibers down the road, but that's where we plan to start. While the magazines in the video are black, we plan to have a variety of colors available- both to match furniture as well as using for load differentiation (different colored magazines for different loads).

The easiest way to see updates as we progress through development is via our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ARIDProducts) and Instagram (arid_products) as our website isn't up yet. Thanks for checking it out! I'll do my best to answer any questions or inquiries!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I got to check this out at Paul-E and at Tac, even had a bit of input on tweeking the design, it's a very solid idea, and I hope Adam sells a bazillion of them.

I can't wait to get one myself.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That. Looks. SWEET!!!

Nice to see the Dozen isn't being totally ignored, still a very viable power tool albeit within a specialized spectrum...

A specialized spectrum indeed. This won't allow a shotgun to replace an AR, but it makes it a more viable option. For example, there are a LOT of police departments or just individual officers that don't have patrol rifles. This gives them more options.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Awesome that it mounts using existing pin points (if I heard that correctly), I generally don't like drilling holes in my shotguns so I'm relegated to those velcro things.

When does the M2 version come out
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Awesome that it mounts using existing pin points (if I heard that correctly), I generally don't like drilling holes in my shotguns so I'm relegated to those velcro things.

When does the M2 version come out
    Correct, no permanent modifications will need to be made. Once the 870 and 500/590 models are squared away and released, the M2 is high on my list of additional models to develop for. That doesn't mean it'll happen, but I LOVE the M2 and want a Q-DC for one probably more than anyone lol.

Benelli M2 and Beretta 1301 would be nice to have...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Honest question: what does this do that Velcro on my receiver + elastic shell cards don't do?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Honest question: what does this do that Velcro on my receiver + elastic shell cards don't do?
    It gives the user consistency, durability, and reliability. Velcro gets clogged with dirt, snow, etc., causing it to not stick well, if at all. The more you rip it, the faster it wears out. When elastic starts wearing out shells start dropping under recoil. Slapping Velcro on the side does not give the same exact location and angle every time. The Q-DC is faster to change out.

They both do pretty much the same job, but the Q-DC does it in a more refined manner. There are a lot of issues associated with Velcro and elastic, especially depending on conditions, so this is a mechanical solution to those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Benelli M2 and Beretta 1301 would be nice to have...
    Noted!

User Tag List