Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Not P7 prices. In the range of what a Tac Star side saddle runs.

Per the use of the word magazine, I understand that it doesn't fit the definition, and I don't find your comment condescending at all, so no worries! I use "magazine" more to convey usability and possibilities. They detach via a mechanical release. They can be carried in mag pouches. Multiple can be carried. It made sense to me at least
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Well, like I said, I'm looking forward to trying one out. Though I don't consider the shotgun to be very relevant in the anti personnel role today, I love shooting shotguns, and I love reloading shotguns, so I'm looking forward to this.

SLG, Adam tells me I'll be beta testing one for the Mossberg soon, so you'll get a chance to see one in person.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Cool, I might be out your way in a few weeks anyway.

This is a really interesting idea. I love the idea of the velcro cards, but durability has always seemed suspect, especially in my world of scorching heat. Being able to use AR mag pouches is a great idea, and I'm looking forward to this when it hits the market.

I just wanted to post an update for anyone that's not following along on social media:

Beta testing is in full swing for the 870 and so far the feedback has been solid. I've finished up Alpha testing for the Mossberg model and I'm really pleased with where it's at. I had some concerns about it initially, but it has held up incredibly well. I've got three Mossberg beta test units machined and will be sending them off for anodizing in the next couple of days. Beta testing for the 500/590 model SHOULD being within the next couple of weeks. This week (probably Friday) I'm going to begin alpha testing a "Universal" model. Instead of using hardware (which would have to be different for EVERY model), mounting is achieved by using 3M double sided tape. While I don't love the idea of adhesives, this tape has a temperature range from -30f to +230f (compared to Velcro, which is rated from 0f to +150f). The large cutout is to clear clear assembly pins, so the gun can be disassembled without removing the Receiver Adapter. Also, it should clear most serial numbers. Obviously it won't work for every gun out there, but it should be compatible with many of the most common ones. Me and my other alpha tester will begin putting together a list of compatible models.

While production is a little ways off, I'm incredibly excited to announce that the first ever Q-DCs available for "purchase" will be at the Paul-E-Palooza training conference. There will be one 870 model and one 500/590 model (with two carriers each) donated for the auction. Anyone that's been itching to get one early, that's your chance!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Very interesting. If this works out, it would simplify so many logistical issues with regards to new models. Which brings me to:

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I prefer 4 shells on the receiver to 6, but I'm excited to try this out nonetheless. I think the big question is how much will the extra shell holders cost? That will make it or break it as a means to carry lots of ammo...

Any future plans for 4-shell carriers? Or 20 ga?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Very interesting. If this works out, it would simplify so many logistical issues with regards to new models. Which brings me to:

Any future plans for 4-shell carriers? Or 20 ga?
    There's been a number of conversations with people high in the industry that have said they would like to see a 4 round model, so that's likely at some point, but it might be a little while until that happens. Time will tell, but it's definitely on the radar.

20g might be in the future, but for how much injection molds cost there would need to be a very clear demand.

I absolutely prefer 4 rds to 6 ON the gun. This isn't really that though, given its replaceable nature, and 6 may just make more sense when you're looking to put the shell holders in mag pouches and such. 4 is pretty short to pull out of most AR type pouches.

As far as a reloading process, I have never tried the Q-DC, but what comes to mind is to reload or top off the gun's magazine from the Q-DC on the gun. Then, if time allows, ditch the empty or mostly empty Q-DC and then replace it with a fresh one. Repeat as needed, which would be a hell of a shotgun fight:-)

Chuck or anyone who has used this, does that sound like I'm reading this right, or is there a better way you have worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I absolutely prefer 4 rds to 6 ON the gun. This isn't really that though, given its replaceable nature, and 6 may just make more sense when you're looking to put the shell holders in mag pouches and such. 4 is pretty short to pull out of most AR type pouches.

As far as a reloading process, I have never tried the Q-DC, but what comes to mind is to reload or top off the gun's magazine from the Q-DC on the gun. Then, if time allows, ditch the empty or mostly empty Q-DC and then replace it with a fresh one. Repeat as needed, which would be a hell of a shotgun fight:-)

Chuck or anyone who has used this, does that sound like I'm reading this right, or is there a better way you have worked out?
    In terms of carriage working with a variety of pouches, 6 is excellent... 4 will be more of a challenge. In terms of TTPs for actual Q-DC use, I think it just depends. If you empty a carrier from topping of your tube (probably because you have time to) you might have time to replace the empty. If you empty the carrier because of emergency reloads, then getting fresh one is still going to help.

I've taken a few classes with the Q-DC, and the rolling thunder drill really tells a lot about it. Sometimes I'd have time to replace it before I started shooting again, sometimes I'd have to wait.

I'm as curious as anyone to see what the "standard" becomes in terms of TTPs.

User Tag List