Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC)

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    the cassettes themselves are nicely dehorned.
    Took a class with your dad, another student had a Benelli M4 with the Sidearmor side saddle. He felt the edges of the Sidearmor and said with a smile, "you could shave with that thing".

Speaking of which, has he rendered a verdict on these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Took a class with your dad, another student had a Benelli M4 with the Sidearmor side saddle. He felt the edges of the Sidearmor and said with a smile, "you could shave with that thing".

Speaking of which, has he rendered a verdict on these yet?
    Heh. Dad's not gotten his hands on one yet. For once, I scooped him!

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Heh. Dad's not gotten his hands on one yet. For once, I scooped him!
    I'll be curious to hear his thoughts as well, naturally.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I've been using mine pretty hard since I got the beta test model for the Mossberg from Adam. I think it's well thought out, and very solid gear. I'd recommend it highly over any other shell carrier that I've used.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Just a quick heads up! The Universal model has completed cold weather testing and is now shipping! They've preformed great on the Mossberg 930, Benelli M4, Beretta 1301, and others. It will fit on Benelli M2s, but I can't guarantee performance of the gun. Inertia guns seem to be finicky when additional weight is added to the receiver, and it seems to be dependent on the specific gun itself, not necessarily one model (it might not cause any issues on one M2, and might cause all kinds of function issues on another M2). As far as gas guns go, it's been flawless.

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Regarding the adhesive for the universal model, is it possible (using solvents, heat, or something else) to remove the carrier if someone changes their mind?
    I'm quite interested in knowing that too...
    3/15/2016

Yeah, I'll be doing a video in the next week, because I've tried a number of methods, most failed miserably.

The way to go is a heat gun and a plastic scraper. The tape has an operating temperature of 230 degrees, but getting the receiver adapter to about 160ish allows you to do some work on it.

Using a plastic scraper at the rear (by the latch) and work forward, while continuing to heat it, will allow you to gradually get under it. Eventually it'll pull off. As long as the scraper is plastic, it shouldn't cause any damage to the receiver.
    Last edited by SpyderMan2k4; 02-26-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Hey guys,

As a heads up, we are having a Memorial Day weekend sale of 15% off everything on the site (www.aridusindustries.com) which is the cheapest everything has been since we took pre-orders. Thanks!

Order in bound. Can't decide between one for the 1301 or the 870

After several disappointing failures (here and here) with Velcro shotgun cards, I finally bought a Aridus Industries Quick-Detach Carrier (Q-DC).

I have a couple of questions:

Q1 - Do the shell carriers "break in" after some time?

I found that removing shells from them for reloads was significantly harder than from the elastic on the nylon shotgun card.

If that is what it is, then I'll just deal with it.

Q2 - Has there been a long term test to see if the stainless steel retention springs in the carrier deforms the shells enough to cause malfunctions?

Q3 - Is there a belt mount available for the carriers?

I know many use a AR style mag pouch, but I was wondering of there was a belt mount to carry the carrier horizontally.

Clamped for 24 hours.

Name:  101 aridus QD C clamped a.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  56.8 KB

Might paint the carriers to match the shotgun?

Name:  Aridus Q DC 1301.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  64.6 KB

Two carriers fit well in a six mag bandolier.

Name:  Aridus shotgun Q-DC bandolier .jpg
Views: 316
Size:  80.1 KB
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List