Thread: Wounds in the primary hand

Wounds in the primary hand

I have embarked on a new data gathering project.

The inputs requested are incidents where someone was shot in the primary hand while holding a pistol. Did the individual hold onto the pistol or drop it? Hold or drop? Those are the datapoints requested.

Reasonable documentation required. Not interested in: "I know of a guy who worked for a department in the next state who had a friend on the State Police who heard that this happened from a buddy of his in the DSS," et al.

Epic thread on AR15.com has a good guy and a bad guy both get shot in the hands. GG gets hit in both paws, BG one paw, both retain their handguns, GG clears a malfunction.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988...29_and_30.html

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Epic thread on AR15.com has a good guy and a bad guy both get shot in the hands. GG gets hit in both paws, BG one paw, both retain their handguns, GG clears a malfunction.
    Nice find, thanks.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

A couple of years ago I took one through the triggerguard into my right (strong) hand middle finger. Gun wasn't dropped and in fact I was not aware of the hit for a good few minutes.

Please pm me if you need more details. Don't really know what documentation you would require.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List