Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Best' 32ACP ?

Lacking Geco, I use Fiocchi.
    Got to try some that has been in the Keltec for a while, though.

Fiocchi has always run well in the various .32s I have had or run into over the years. My father has an almost obsessive love of .32 ACP. I keep hoping the DPX will pan out, so I can build him some weird .32 ACP "old man gun" for when he finally stops carrying his M&P9 (which I hope is never).

RE: Kel-Tec P32 reliability. Kel-Tec update the magazine some years ago (about a dozen now?) to include a spacer that is angled to prevent rim lock. In my experience the latest guns are 100% with full-power FMJ and Gold Dots, even when shaken, rattled, or rolled. I just don't trust the Gold Dot to penetrate deep enough.
    -Rob

I bought a bunch of RWS ball .32 some years ago.
    It works well in several .32 ACP pistols including a Manurhin (Walther) PP.

My gun was purchased around 2000... So I guess I have the first gen magazine. I freely admit to dumping the gun around 2003..,
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

No love for the silvertip? Seems to have a decent (relatively) track record, probably better than the .380 version, yes?

I dunno: sold the Seecamp a while back and wouldn't consider my own wartime PPK for anything other than safe queen status.

If I were to carry a .32, I would carry ball. When I had a Seecamp .32 (jewel of a pistol, but miserable to shoot), I carried Silvertips per the factory requirement, though I never thought it would make much difference between that and FMJ.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My father has an almost obsessive love of .32 ACP.
    That's just crazy.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That's just crazy.
    I thought of you when I wrote that line. He has or has had a Dryse, Cz24, Cz27, PPK, Sig P230, CZ70, and CZ72. I really want to find him an Savage 1907, a Colt 1903, a CZ83, and a Beretta 81 or 82. He loves old .32s more than I love .357s...and that is just...a lot.

For some reason I love the old 32s as well.

I never had rimlock problems with the Mauser 1914 or HSc....even carrying the later as a BUG until I figured it'd be a bad idea to have to shoot someone with a gun stamped with Swastikas. Those two were definitely my favorite early century pistols. Their quality was exceptional, and in no way eclipsed by modern pocket guns.

The Sauer 38H was pretty exceptional, as well. Bit bigger, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I really want to find him an Savage 1907, a Colt 1903...
    Savages are cool and you know I love 'em, but every American gun nut should have a 1903 or 1908 just because.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List