Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Best' 32ACP ?

'Best' 32ACP ?

Hello - a buddy of mine has a Walther PPK/S in 32ACP that he got from an uncle who passed away.
    He says he'll never sell it since it has sentimental value.

He doesn't use it as a carry gun, but asked me what is currently 'the best' self defense ammunition for this pistol.
    I have no idea, and aren't a fan of pistols less than 9mm or BUG revolvers less than 38 Special, so thought I'd ask this here.
    Thanks.

Quality FMJs

Maybe, just maybe, and I haven't confirmed this yet, DPX.

But FMJs for sure.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I always stuck with FMJ.

I don't know about nowadays, but back when the Geco .32 FMJ was very popular with folks who carried guns like PPKs. I noted that from a friend's Walther PP that ammo was accurate, reliable, and rather hot for a .32acp.
    www.agiletactical.com

Thanks Chuck, I'll mention that to my friend.

www.agiletactical.com

nevermind, video was corbon regular jhp, not dpx.

I briefly owned and carried a KelTec p32... problem was, when carried clipped to my boot, the semi rimmed brass would bounce around in the mag and would lock together like legos. If I loaded it at the range and shot it, it ran like a champ. If I loaded it, carried it for a day, them pulled out to shoot at the range, rim lock after a round or two. Every...damn...time.... I ditched it and never looked back. I am done with that cartridge.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I briefly owned and carried a KelTec p32... problem was, when carried clipped to my boot, the semi rimmed brass would bounce around in the mag and would lock together like legos. If I loaded it at the range and shot it, it ran like a champ. If I loaded it, carried it for a day, them pulled out to shoot at the range, rim lock after a round or two. Every...damn...time.... I ditched it and never looked back. I am done with that cartridge.
    That sounds like a problem with the gun rather than the ammo.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I would assume any .32 cal gun could be a candidate for rim lock. I know the KelTec is pretty much a turd. But I see the rim lock as a problem with the ammo.

I know this is not the subject of the post, just thought I would share the experience. Not trying to hijack the thread!
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List