Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Best' 32ACP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Savages are cool and you know I love 'em, but every American gun nut should have a 1903 or 1908 just because.
    Not sure there are enough of those to go around. Perhaps we need a club where people get visitation for several weeks at a time, then pass the gun off to the next guy/gal?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    No love for the silvertip? Seems to have a decent (relatively) track record, probably better than the .380 version, yes?

I dunno: sold the Seecamp a while back and wouldn't consider my own wartime PPK for anything other than safe queen status.
    Any JHP from a .32 that expands will badly under penetrate. The Silvertip is one of those "legends" that needs to die.

Ref rimlock and such;

IMHO the Kel Tec was built with a really poor grip angle, and this contributes to rim lock issues, If the angle is more angled then the rounds stack up in the magazine differently so that this doesn't happen. The P32 is damn near 90%

I've noticed that European and other foreign .32 ammo has a bevel to the back of the rim, think a mini version of what you see on the back of a 7.62x54R or .303 British round. This allows a rim that is locked on the wrong side to make the jump over and feed anyway. Lots of US ammo has a thinner rim and no bevel, which is an oversight IMHO, and it leads to a hard rimlock that is tough to clear. .32s do have much more history in Europe as a serious use cartridge though, they simply have more experience with that round than we do.
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I thought of you when I wrote that line. He has or has had a Dryse, Cz24, Cz27, PPK, Sig P230, CZ70, and CZ72. I really want to find him an Savage 1907, a Colt 1903, a CZ83, and a Beretta 81 or 82. He loves old .32s more than I love .357s...and that is just...a lot.
    I had a SIG P230 in 32 ACP. It was a neat little gun but essentially a safe queen/plinker used expensive ammo. It had a lanyard loop as I believe the ones imported to the US were either surplus or contract over runs from a Japanese police contract.

If your dad is a 32 auto fan, you need to get him a P7K3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Savages are cool and you know I love 'em, but every American gun nut should have a 1903 or 1908 just because.
    Indeed. I have been semi-looking for an '03 for some time, but the nice ones cost a kidney and/or your first-born...

First, hello. I'm a new member (born yesterday).

Have you looked at Buffalo Bore's .32 ACP? https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=313
    I have an old .32 ACP, made by Tanfoglio, and, imported by Excam. It is a Model G. T. 32. This pistol shoots these Lead free, all Copper, Barnes bullets pretty well. I don't have a chronograph, so, I cannot attest to the stated velocity of 1150 FPS, but, they shoot pretty hot for a .32 ACP round. Hope this helps!

Couldnt help but comment when I saw the title of the thread. My view on the .32 ACP is perhaps not as negative as most (having carried one in a particular high risk environment as a last ditch backup / third gun to long gun and sidearm), but would only in my view be acceptable outside of the backup role if run from a Skorpion with controlled full auto (in a place where one was stuck with Soviet era weapons). Someone once told me to think of that combo as a shotgun - basically 00 performance - in a smaller package for confined spaces. We can argue the accuracy of this point (especially when one is considering terminal ballistics), but it stuck with me.

Very specialized use case indeed at this point, I should think. But I do love the elegance of the old examples....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike U. View Post
    First, hello. I'm a new member (born yesterday).

Have you looked at Buffalo Bore's .32 ACP? https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=313
    I have an old .32 ACP, made by Tanfoglio, and, imported by Excam. It is a Model G. T. 32. This pistol shoots these Lead free, all Copper, Barnes bullets pretty well. I don't have a chronograph, so, I cannot attest to the stated velocity of 1150 FPS, but, they shoot pretty hot for a .32 ACP round. Hope this helps!
    Mike, the unknown with that ammo is it's terminal performance. All of the .32acp JHPs I have tested have over expanded and under penetrated. The Barnes bullet in .380 acts that way as well. I have seen no competent testing on the .32acp with the Barnes bullet, made by anybody.
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List