Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spyderco fixed blade P'kal

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Depends on the guy. There are some bigger, taller, wider guys that have been carrying Disciples in the Clinch Pick orientation for at least a decade.
    I do often. I prefer the CP, but every now and then I get the itch to rock the bigger blade. Rarely have an issue with the size difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    These guys claim they will be in stock tomorrow. Price is good too...

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyder...4gp-plainedge/
    Mine shipped today
    Join FPC

Mine shipped yesterday. Looking forward to getting hands on!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Nice I`ve been looking for a wharncliffe fixed blade for a long time.

I m wanting a 4inch slim handle and a 2 to 3 inch max blade
    I found one but cost 450 bucks

These guys claim they will be in stock tomorrow. Price is good too...

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyder...4gp-plainedge/
    Now I can see spending 80 bucks . but not 149.oo

Got mine yesterday.

Question to the class: how are you guys concealing this on the belt? I tried several orientations with the included clip, which is good. I just can not get it so that I don't have a huge teepee effect on my shirt. I regularly conceal full size handguns AIWB but a small fixed blade seems very difficult. Interested in any advice/suggestions. Pictures would be helpful. Maybe this deserves a new thread.

I may end up loosening up the kydex a bit with a heat gun and using this as a neck knife. Less than ideal for the intended purpose though.
    Join FPC

I think it is still full tang; just the scales can be reversed to face the other way.
    Evidence. Stick tang? Super easy to reverse though, the posts are even keyed so they only go in one way and can't rotate.

Join FPC

Got mine yesterday.

Question to the class: how are you guys concealing this on the belt? I tried several orientations with the included clip, which is good. I just can not get it so that I don't have a huge teepee effect on my shirt. I regularly conceal full size handguns AIWB but a small fixed blade seems very difficult. Interested in any advice/suggestions. Pictures would be helpful. Maybe this deserves a new thread.

I may end up loosening up the kydex a bit with a heat gun and using this as a neck knife. Less than ideal for the intended purpose though.
    Can't edit my own posts...

Sort of answered my own question. It works quite well for me at 3:00, fast to draw although giving up the benefits of centerline. Also leaves room for spare mag at 11:00.
    Join FPC

Received mine today after it was "lost" between Utah and New Mexico for over a week.

I reversed the handles to be a better taint stabber.
    I also used a Dremel sanding drum to relieve the sheath so I could get a better grip it further down on the bolster.
    I removed the belt clip and am running it as a sheathed pocket knife for now. I use a combination thumb push off and hook the sheath on my pocket as I draw the knife, it works great but I plan on adding a "shark fin" to the sheath later to better hook the pocket.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

One thing you guys might consider doing to get a closer ride is to run it between the belt and the pants.

User Tag List