Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who here uses GAP or CLAW baseplates(or similar) on their Glocks?

I have used the GAP base pads extensively on GL19s,17s and they work well for the 1 Hand stoppage reductions that Paul Gomez showed me. He suggested cutting/grinding the front tab a little shorter.

I wish I had a similar answer for my HK P30s, HK45s

I use GAP plates on all my G26 10-rounders, never had a problem. The Vickers baseplate was a "must have" when it came out, I have 5, they're all on magazines that I've dedicated to dry fire and keep snap caps in. I couldn't see any scenario where I'd want to carry a magazine with one of those on it...

Site Supporter
    The GAP floorplates may help with clearing a malfunction, but they didn't enhance my ability to control the pistol. I've bought a couple of the 10-8 Performance base plates, and I really like them, though I've not put any of the 10-8s on G26 mags.

I have the GAP baseplates on all my (rotated) G26 ten round magazines.

Their forte is concealability. They are more concealable and at least as grip-stable as the several available Pearce or Scherer baseplates, with the small finger rolled beneath the magazine.

YMMV, etc.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I don't prefer the Vickers myself, as they make the magazine wider at the base.
    That was my issue with them as well. I lightly sand both sides down, the basplate still has the indentations I can strip the mag with. I also like the different colors and the dimples for numbering mags. I use the orange baseplates on all my range mag's and black on my carry mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    That was my issue with them as well. I lightly sand both sides down, the basplate still has the indentations I can strip the mag with. I also like the different colors and the dimples for numbering mags. I use the orange baseplates on all my range mag's and black on my carry mags.
    I don't own any Vickers base plates myself but I'm wondering. . . If the main problem with the wider base plate is concealment garment printing, could you grind the outboard shelf (right side for a RH shooter) and leave the inboard alone? That would still give something to grab without the printing issue.

I wouldn't go buy a Vickers Plate to do this, but if I had a few of them anyway, it might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    I don't own any Vickers base plates myself but I'm wondering. . . If the main problem with the wider base plate is concealment garment printing, could you grind the outboard shelf (right side for a RH shooter) and leave the inboard alone? That would still give something to grab without the printing issue.

I wouldn't go buy a Vickers Plate to do this, but if I had a few of them anyway, it might be worth a shot.
    They kind of poke into my fat after awhile when carried in the gun IWB, and also when they are installed on the mags in the mag pouch. In duty mag pouches they seem to give more to hang up on when drawing, especially for guys using the new bullets forward Safariland duty open top pouches.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have the GAP plates on my G26 and I love them. It helps to lock my second to last finger in to the exact spot that I want it faster.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

User Tag List