Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here uses GAP or CLAW baseplates(or similar) on their Glocks?

Who here uses GAP or CLAW baseplates(or similar) on their Glocks?

Who here runs something like this with their Glock? How important does one feel it is to have the magazine protruding enough from the gun that you can use it for one handed malfunction clearances by snagging that magazine against their belt,etc..? Also anyone know if the GAP baseplates work with full size Glock mags?
    Last edited by glockmasterflex; 03-02-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Just getting at a G19 or G26 magazine can be problematic, hence some of the mods folks will do, like the Paul Gomez half moon cuts to the grip of a G19, etc.

^That^ part also works as a sorta pinky rest, so it ain't a bad idea.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I'm gonna snag a set of the ICE Claw base plates to try this week.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

This might be a dumb question but how often does a malfunction occur with a Glock that keeps the magazine from dropping free? I don't have near as many rounds through a Glock as many here so I'm just curious.

The Gap plates sound like a good idea on a 26 but I honestly don't mind my pinky not being on the pistol. I don't see another reason to have them other than to help extract stuck magazines.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

If you have a fails-to-extract, aka "double feed", then ripping the magazine loose is the only way to get it out. One can try to use the various "hold the match release button down and wrist strike you leg" techniques, but hooking the mag out is way more gooder.
    www.agiletactical.com

The 10-8 baseplate has enough purchase to catch the mag on kit.

Thanks everyone. Has anyone found them causing any issues or have a brand they'd recommend? I noticed on Amazon that Vickers Tactical offers their own too.

I don't prefer the Vickers myself, as they make the magazine wider at the base.
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    This might be a dumb question but how often does a malfunction occur with a Glock that keeps the magazine from dropping free? I don't have near as many rounds through a Glock as many here so I'm just curious.

The Gap plates sound like a good idea on a 26 but I honestly don't mind my pinky not being on the pistol. I don't see another reason to have them other than to help extract stuck magazines.
    It's a rare thing and some folks will hammer on "When you need it you need it" and I don't disagree. I am buying them because reasons. I'll likely never need them but I can take pics of them for pic threads.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmasterflex View Post
    Who here runs something like this with their Glock? How important does one feel it is to have the magazine protruding enough from the gun that you can use it for one handed malfunction clearances by snagging that magazine against their belt,etc..? Also anyone know if the GAP baseplates work with full size Glock mags?
    I had the vickers baseplates for a while and hated them. They add too much width to the mag. I ended up doing the half-moon cut-outs with a Dremel. Super easy to do, didn't have to spend any money, and I can strip out any G19 mag without worry.
    http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Glocker321/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4d12ef25.jpg[/URL]
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 03-02-2015 at 06:07 PM.

User Tag List