Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 24 IDPA Match at NRA Range

I have one slot available for the 9PM squad.
    I have been working my way through the waitlist but the hour is getting late.
    If you are on the waitlist and want the shooting slot at 9PM, please PM me.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

The stages are done.
    It's about 62 rounds if you don't take makeup shots.
    There are five stages. You will need to top-off two times in STage #1 as there are three strings.

I will run the match in the following manner:
    1) the squad will get on one line and load and make ready together.
    2) We will then run the first shooter on stage 1, 2nd shooter on stage 2, etc., until all 5 shooters have shot 5 stages. After you shoot your stage, reload your mags.
    3) We will then score the stages. It is the responsibility of the shooter to paste the array. After you have pasted you may take another quick look at the next stage you are going to shoot.
    4) Each shooter will rotate to the next stage. Stage 5 shooter will shoot Stage 1. Stage 5 shooters will need to be quick on the mag reloading.
    5) We will then repeat the process until all 5 shooters have shot 5 stages.

This method saves time on scoring and pasting.

Please be ON TIME for the match. That means be on the range and ready for the briefing at the top of the hour, not five minutes after.

There will be a quiz on the safety rules...know them.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

We had a cancellation at 6PM. I have one slot at 6PM and one at 9PM Open.
    Please contact NRA Range if you are interested and email me at NRAIDPA@verizon.net
    Cody

Results from the March 24 Inaugural IDPA Match at the NRA Range: https://practiscore.com/results.php?...e-acdd85fc7ff5
    Thanks to the following for assisting:
    Scott McGrath for running the timer and being standby EMT;
    Debbie Crews for getting us the barrels and all the materials we needed;
    The NRA STaff for scorekeeping and managing the shooters;
    Charlie Moore for assisting with setup and helping with advising shooters as they arrived;
    Geoffrey Branco for assisting with setup and running the match;
    John Weidley for assisting with setup and running the match;
    Bonlyn for collecting the money and running last minute walk-ins.
    Ken, Conrad and Dirk with the NRA STaff for scorekeeping and assisting the match and cleanup.
    I apologize if I didn't mention you and you were of assistance.

Everyone was safe and that is the prime objective.
    Everyone seemed to have a good time as well.

Next Month: IDPA Classifier
    We also plan to run an IDPA Orientation one hour before each time slot so that will save some time and we can accomodate more shooters.

See you next month and watch for the Facebook page announcement.
    Cody Claxton
    IDPA at NRA Match Director

Site Supporter
    Thanks for putting on an excellent match. I thought you guys did a great job of setting up and running stages that were fun, but still quick enough to reset so that the squads ran on time.

Thanks to Cody and the crew for a great match. I had more fun than should be possible on a Tuesday evening. The stage design presented some interesting and realistic challenges and the match was very organized and well run. Looks like its time for an IDPA membership!

You know you had a great time when the match was fun despite gathering penalties left and right. The stages were light and airy and figuring out the barrels as cover was a novelty that made things interesting. I have pretty good footage from the match which I will try to get up as soon as possible (this weekend at the latest). Excited to have shot my first IDPA match. Thank you Cody for organizing everything.

Video for Stage 1:

PUT THESE DATES ON YOUR CALENDAR!!!
    IDPA at NRA dates through December.

April 14 Classifier
    May 26
    June 23
    July 14
    Aug 11
    Sept 8
    Oct 13
    Nov 10
    Dec 8

Cody Claxton
    Match Dir, NRA IDPA

Let me know Cody if you have the FB page up and whether you want other info added to the video descriptions, such as your contact info for the matches which you posted here.

Stages 2 & 3 from the match last week (I'm skipping Stage 4, so this is the second and final video for the match)

User Tag List