Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 24 IDPA Match at NRA Range

Good News! The NRA Range has confirmed that we have the 4th Tuesdays evening time slot for the foreseeable future. We have also added the NRA IDPA Club to the IDPA Website as an affiliated club. I have also created a dedicated email address: NRAIDPA@verizon.net. Please use this email for all correspondence. For now I will use the pistol-forum website for announcements, but I want to build a google groups list for notifications as well. Registrations will be done using clubs.practiscore.com and scoring will be done on practiscore as well.

I am seeking assistance for setup. Please let me know if you can help. I am also seeking a backup Match Director for those times when I may be out of town.

The April match will be a classifier.

Debbie Crews has arranged to get new target stands build but they won't be ready until April sometime.

Debbie Crews deserves a ton of thanks for making this arrangement. Please personally thank her when you see her at the range.

Hope to see you at Peacemaker IDPA this saturday AND at the NRA Match March 24.

We will have 5 stages and about 75 rounds.

In the meantime make sure you have these critical skills through dry fire practice:

1) You must be able to do a reload without your finger going into the trigger area. It must be indexed on the frame. (I have seen many expert shooters who think they never violate this rule, but as a Safety Officer running a timer I observe it happening all the time. It is a good idea to videotape yourself and watch what happens or have someone else observe. It amazes me how many people violate this safety rule.)
    2) You must be able to move from one point of cover to another point of cover with the gun in your hand and your finger indexed on the frame. The only time your finger should ever be in the trigger area is when you are actually engaging a target. Practice this in dry-fire by moving at least three steps between standing positions, pull the trigger at targets, then move to the other point, pull the trigger at targets, then back and forth, focusing on moving your finger to index as soon as you finish pulling the trigger on targets.
    3) You must be able to do a reload with the muzzle pointed at the berm downrange. Skyward reloads are prohibited at our range (except for revolver shooters).
    4) You must be able to draw and holster one-handed. If you use a regular shirt as concealment, you may use your weak hand to pull the shirt up, BUT your weak hand may not go anywhere near the gun until the gun is out of the holster and the muzzle pointed downrange. Same thing for re-holstering. It is important to have a good holster so your weak hand is never needed. Practice holstering slowly...you are not on the clock.

DRY FIRE PRACTICE: Please clear your gun, check it twice, and put all ammo away, empty two mags. You can use snapcaps if you like. Then dry-fire practice these skills at least 20 times until you can do them proficiently and without reverting to old habits.

There is a new rulebook. Please make sure you know the rules: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf

Some new rules:
    - Each hit on a non-threat is worth 5 seconds;
    - Dropping a magazine with bullets when not doing a reload is a penalty;
    - You may do a reload while moving behind cover, but you may never do a reload or cross an opening with an empty gun;
    - In some cases you may do a reload while moving with a visible target that has been engaged. In other cases you may not. Read the rulebook.
    - More non-threats may be used;
    - A standards stage may use foot fault lines or boards;
    - There is only one revolver division, a new Compact Concealed Pistol division, and BUG division in addition to SSP, ESP and CDP;
    - Intentionally failing to take a final shot on a final target to avoid the reload time is an automatic FTDR;
    - I am sorry, but no AIWB holsters are allowed for IDPA, even NFS.

NOTE: This is not the forum to debate these rules. Rules debates belong in the IDPA subforum.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    NRA IDPA Match Director
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to head the permanent match date. I will be adding it to my calendar. Had a blast (no pun intended) yesterday at Peacemaker, nice small group and my friend had a great time. He had never shot IDPA before. This month is sadly a wash for me, but I expect to be a normal fixture at both of these matches. Thanks for bringing something within NoVA.

As for setup up/tare down, build - count me in. Not a IDPA RSO, so cannot really help there. I can always help with scoring though

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    Hi Cody,

The link you are using above appears to be an admin link for setting up the Match. I was able to locate the sign up link here: https://clubs.practiscore.com/tue-ma...a-nra/register however it is showing that registration is closed?
    Hi Cody,

Its still showing the registration as being closed?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    Hi Cody,

Its still showing the registration as being closed?
    Just opened up!

https://clubs.practiscore.com/tue-ma...a-nra/register

Did not have a field to specify what squad/start time.?

For some reason I had to manually open the match registration.
    I have to approve each shooter. Once approved, you may squad.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

So can you shot the match without being an IDPA member? Kind of like a "test drive" to see if you like it? If so the IDPA member number is a required field. How do you get around it?

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    So can you shot the match without being an IDPA member? Kind of like a "test drive" to see if you like it? If so the IDPA member number is a required field. How do you get around it?
    Anyone may shoot the match without being an IDPA member for the first match. After that you are expected to join.
    Just enter in TBD or NEW SHOOTER or something like that.
    Cody

The March 24 IDPA Match is now full with one person waitlisted. Four shooters need to squad using the Practiscore site. If you want to shoot the match, please register as a waitlist registration. It is very likely we will have 2-4 people drop out and I will need waitlisters.

Please arrive at the range at least 20 minutes before so you can pay your fee and get your gear ready. I expect you to be ready to shoot at the top of the hour. If you arrive hot, please speak up and make sure we unload you before the match.

I will try and post the designs before the match, but no promises.

Facebook page coming soon.

Thanks,
    Cody

User Tag List