Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March 24 IDPA Match at NRA Range

March 24 IDPA Match at NRA Range

Registration will open Monday, March 16 at 8:30am on Practiscore: https://clubs.practiscore.com/idpa-at-nra
    Roughly 75 rounds, 4-5 stages, Squads at 5PM, 6PM, 7PM, 8PM, and 9PM. Safety Officers and Staff positions available.
    Cost $25
    Match Director: Cody Claxton
    New shooters email cclaxton@verizon.net
    If you have shot KSTG or IPSC or are experienced IDPA Sharpshooter or higher, you are already qualified to shoot the match.
    I have no information on plans for IPSC at NRA.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I am very excited for this! I recently moved to VA from MD. As much as i have enjoyed the matches at AAFG, the drive has been a bit to far.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcall View Post
    I am very excited for this! I recently moved to VA from MD. As much as i have enjoyed the matches at AAFG, the drive has been a bit to far.
    I want to set everyone's expectations for these matches. AAFG enjoys 3 bays and can do 6-9 stages on a typical match. They also have a plethora of swingers, risers, in/out, clamshell, popups, and similar targeting systems. We will only be able to do 4-6 stages and they will mostly be static targets and we have one swinger which we have difficulty with almost every match. I will still make the stages challenging, but I wanted to set your expectations. Over time, it may be possible to add more targeting systems. If anyone wants to donate some targeting systems, we would be glad to promote them at the match, have a placard out, etc.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    Match Dir.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Outstanding! I did a double take for a moment there and thought this was the KSTG thread for this month. You are a great choice for this! I can volunteer moving forward for the SO/Staff positions as I do for KSTG, however this month is too short notice (although I will definitely sign up to shoot the match).

Question: Is this going to be a regular slot at the NRA calendar and will we become a sanctioned IDPA Club? As you know, I need to get a classifier score on record so that I can take that IDPA 2.0 course at ITI/G4S.

Also, if we become a permanent club on the NRA roster (like the USPSA NOVAPS matches were) I would definitely consider donating to the war chest for steel poppers and other goodies...

Sorry for the multiple postings, but forgot a few things:
    1) You will be required to have an NRA Range Card if you don't have one. If you are a NRA Range Member, then you have a range card, so you don't need to do anything more to shoot the match.
    2) You will be required to take a short written, open book test to get the range card.
    3) The one time fee is $10.

All of the normal range rules apply: No tracer rounds, no steel in the bullets, etc.

Everyone shooting the match must have the following skills:
    Skills required to compete:
    - Must be able to complete reloads with trigger finger indexed on side of frame, not anywhere near trigger guard;
    - Must be able to holster one-handed, without weak hand anywhere near the gun or firearm;
    - No use of SERPA style holsters for new shooters;
    - Must be able to move from location to location during a COF with finger indexed on frame and away from trigger guard;
    - Must be able to do a reload with muzzle downrange, like AAFG;
    - You must be able to repeat these without having to think about it'
    - You must have muzzle awareness for 180.

Thanks,
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    Outstanding! I did a double take for a moment there and thought this was the KSTG thread for this month. You are a great choice for this! I can volunteer moving forward for the SO/Staff positions as I do for KSTG, however this month is too short notice (although I will definitely sign up to shoot the match).

Question: Is this going to be a regular slot at the NRA calendar and will we become a sanctioned IDPA Club? As you know, I need to get a classifier score on record so that I can take that IDPA 2.0 course at ITI/G4S.

Also, if we become a permanent club on the NRA roster (like the USPSA NOVAPS matches were) I would definitely consider donating to the war chest for steel poppers and other goodies...
    We are not sure this will be a regular match. It depends on how this first one goes and whether the USPSA group wants back in this slot.
    Good question on the affiliation. Let's see how this first match goes.
    Anyone who is a certified Safety Officer and club contact can submit classifier scores and run classifiers. So NRA doesn't have to be affiliated. But, it would be desirable. I will make sure you get your classifier done one way or another by the date.

Thanks,
    Cody

Awesome. Thanks for hosting this, Cody.

Is the NRA promoting this match, otherwise we may have low attendance like we used to in the IPSC matches before we became a sanctioned club? Are you promoting the match?

I would be down for this. However, this month is a bust for me. Off to England on the 23th. I hope this becomes part of the normal rotation on the NRA range.

Difficulty Signing Up

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Registration will open Monday, March 16 at 8:30am on Practiscore: https://clubs.practiscore.com/idpa-at-nra
    Roughly 75 rounds, 4-5 stages, Squads at 5PM, 6PM, 7PM, 8PM, and 9PM. Safety Officers and Staff positions available.
    Cost $25
    Match Director: Cody Claxton
    New shooters email cclaxton@verizon.net
    If you have shot KSTG or IPSC or are experienced IDPA Sharpshooter or higher, you are already qualified to shoot the match.
    I have no information on plans for IPSC at NRA.

Cody
    Hi Cody,

The link you are using above appears to be an admin link for setting up the Match. I was able to locate the sign up link here: https://clubs.practiscore.com/tue-ma...a-nra/register however it is showing that registration is closed?

User Tag List