Thread: Raven Concealment IWB hardware preferences?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Raven Concealment IWB hardware preferences?

So, I have owned a RCS Phantom for my G19+TLR1 and have used it to carry OWB for several years. I am very satisfied with the product in this capacity. However, I am interested in seeing how well the holster works for IWB use. Does anyone have any suggestions/preferences of which set of hardware I should order from RCS to try out the holster IWB ? I am a bit skeptical about how comfortable raw kydex will be against my skin, but I am willing to be open minded.... thanks in advance for the replies.

I've used the rubber soft loops for years. I also haven't had any comfort issues wearing it IWB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My problem is not raw kydex against the skin, that's fine. My problem is finding enough flat space on my body for the large footprint Phantom to sit. I started out with the old style offset hooks, which seemed like I'd end up with something like a kydex VMII or at least an IWB pancake version of Comp-Tac's CTac. They were the original design and were not flexible between the attachment and the hook. That setup really required a lot of flat space on my body that I really don't have. Now that I look at their site, I see they don't offer style anymore.

http://raven-concealment-systems.myb...r-accessories/

I later went to the IWB soft loops, and they work very well. The soft loops will ride higher, which I like, but spending time on forums tells me I may be an outlier since so many seem to like their grips down around the belt line.

Site Supporter
    My preferred hardware hasn't been sold for a while now. I ordered a couple with the "Tuckable" C-clips for a 1.5" (Like what Comp-tac still offers) and absolutely love 'em.

I need to order a setup for my Shield and from looking at the offerings that RCS, the tuckable IWB soft loops seem to be closest to what I have now.

As far as kydex on raw skin, I've carried my G19/X300 IWB setup from Indiana in winter to South Florida in the dead of summer and have never had any discomfort. If you're worried about it, there's always moleskin. That being said, I usually have an undershirt on under whatever shirt I'm wearing so it isn't much of a concern.

I use the soft loops. Honestly it is mostly due to donning ease than anything else.

I wear my PhantomII (whatever the Light version is) IWB for years at 3' and don't have issues
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I use the soft loops. Honestly it is mostly due to donning ease than anything else.

I wear my PhantomII (whatever the Light version is) IWB for years at 3' and don't have issues
    kevin, can you put up some picks up of your set up and you wearing it? I have a g19 with an APL on it and have been debating ordering soft loops for my phantom so I can experiment with carrying a gun with a light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    So, I have owned a RCS Phantom for my G19+TLR1 and have used it to carry OWB for several years. I am very satisfied with the product in this capacity. However, I am interested in seeing how well the holster works for IWB use. Does anyone have any suggestions/preferences of which set of hardware I should order from RCS to try out the holster IWB ? I am a bit skeptical about how comfortable raw kydex will be against my skin, but I am willing to be open minded.... thanks in advance for the replies.
    As far as comfort ? Ill never go back to leather IWB.

IWB-Light HK P30S / TLR-1 and now a P30S / Gen 2 APL

Tony / JM made me a simple IWB-Light holster based off his V3 IWB and with pull the dot loops.

I refuse to use clips/hooks and have them fail me in the past. 30+years and never had a failure with quality IWB leather/kydex holster using loops

I have used mole skin on the sweat guard.

User Tag List