Thread: P2000 TRS install

P2000 TRS install

I, mistakenly, decided to try and install a light TRS. It has already been a few hours and excessive amounts of cursing. What are some techniques/tips for installing TRS in a P2000?

Thanks!

I can speak for the 2000 but everyone said you MUST have the super duper specail pliers for the VP9 TRS.. I've taken them out a bunch with nothing but a good pair of needle nose pliers. Just squeeze the spring really tight in the center and put one leg on then force it down and already have the slide release started so you can hold the gun and pliers and press it against something to push it in. No idea of its similar but if it is I hope this helps.

Thank you. I found a better video, and got lucky. The trick was to put the TRS straight in.

You can also use a wd40 nozzle tube or a chopstick to make tools that help.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Small forceps work pretty well too, the kind used in biology or medical labs.

and a vice and a good light to see what you are doing. I can swap the TRS in about 10 min now.

Be careful using pliers or forceps because any deep scratches on the spring can shorten it's lifespan significantly.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

JodyH,
    In addition to tools, can you recommend a particular technique?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    JodyH,

Thanks!
    If you go to the HK forum, there is a thread with very detailed pictures of how to do it. I'm pretty sure its a sticky. The thread started in 2006 and has 49 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    JodyH,

Thanks!
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....return-springs

User Tag List