Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NPE with a Fullsize Auto?

NPE with a Fullsize Auto?

I'm starting a new job soon and they are an NPE (corporate policy, no metal detectors or anything). While a year from now I'll have the disposable income to buy a new gun - for now, I don't. I have my P30 or my wife's M&PC (and she won't be happy if I steal it from her) for the foreseeable future.

I currently use a JMCK AIWB holster with my P30. I wear button up shirts untucked and an undershirt behind the gun - but occasionally when I reach up the clips and/or gun show - but no one cares where I'm at as I'm one of many who carry.

Since my current wardrobe is okay at the new place what I am going to attempt is to use a custom made JMCK tuckable AIWB for my P30, which I will tuck my undershirt over and then leave my over shirt untucked.

Has anyone else tried carrying in a NPE with a fullsize/compact gun? What worked for you? What didn't?

Site Supporter
    Sounds like you have a decent setup for now. JM makes good holsters and it sounds like your environment is pretty decent, in spite of being NPE.

Though, I would suggest testing the waters of marital bliss and stealing the M&P9c. How bad could it be living with an angry woman for a year?

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.
    Last edited by Captain; 03-15-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Done this with a Shaggy and a G17. No problems but I was always wearing an untucked shirt. AIWB works admirably well in an NPE.
    #RESIST

If your job is at stake, you might try thunderwear for a bit and see if it works for you. Even with the grip just above the belt line, (or below, as designed) it can be much lower profile than any holster.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    If your job is at stake, you might try thunderwear for a bit and see if it works for you. Even with the grip just above the belt line, (or below, as designed) it can be much lower profile than any holster.
    I'm pretty sure it's a fireable offense, though I'll know for sure on the first day. Does Thunderwear work with something like a P30?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a fireable offense, though I'll know for sure on the first day. Does Thunderwear work with something like a P30?
    Sure does.

There's an HKPRO member who carries his USP45 (fullsize, not compact) in a SmartCarry.

You could also check out the JJ Racazza 5-0 holster, if it's still in production. There's a thread on it here, IIRC.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I used a Comp-Tac IWB setup with velcro straps and velcro lined gunbelt. Vis a vis the P-30 I kept an undershirt between me and the gun, and tucked my button up shirt around the gun. Wore it to a company meeting and never got made.

Pros-no visible holster clips, allows carry of full size gun .
    Cons-access to the gun is denied as soon as a coat is donned, and morning prepration takes longer as the velcro fixes the gun in place without any room for adjustment later.Eventually the velcro clips accumulate debris and require replacement.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

If I were you I'd keep the current set-up and just make sure the shirt doesn't come up too high. Going up a size may help. I have the JM AIWB tuckable and I don't see it as something I'd want to use with a full size gun.

Smartcarry.

User Tag List