Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current SIG P-Series Lineup.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Honestly, any husband who really loves his wife would just buy her both a West German P226 and a P228 to show her the depths of his affection...
    Well he said his girlfriend wants to buy NIB, ruling out both.

Re: E2 vs standard grips, I'd say that if she likes the feel of the standard grips and has no issues manipulating the trigger in DA then there's no reason to do the E2 unless you're afraid of grip screws coming loose. Though I'll echo what somebody else mentioned above: check out the Hogue Extreme series grips in G10 or aluminum, they're a bit slimmer than the stock (non E2) grips and have better texture. Plus they look cool. With my most recent SIG (2013 mfg 226) it took about two weeks of shooting before I found that I just did not like the E2 grips at all (though they still "feel great in the hand"). If you can definitely have her try both though.

I count 6 models in the current lineup with std. grips. And you should be able to find a NIB example of the traditional older non-e2 226 Nitron NIB without much work.

Have her shoot a VP9 at least once before she decides.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    She's narrowed down her choices to a 9mm hammer fired, rail equipped, metal framed semi-auto w/decocker only.

Thanks for your help in understanding the current SIG lineup!
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I m still a sig fan .

P229R short extractor in 40S&W only
    MK25 or a P226R (9mm only) and built using short extractor
    P239 short extractor 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    First off, thanks for all the comments so far.

I proposed the P320 and she checked one out but she grew to like the idea of thumbing a hammer, so she doesn't want a SFA pistol. She also prefers the weight of the heavier framed guns for their lower recoil.

Why do you suggest the Mk25 over the base P226? Everything I've read about the extractor issue stated that it had been worked out. Any other reason?
    I like to meet girl friend?
    I have a couple things in common.

heavy handguns
    I seem to hold them still a bit better
    I like drawing a heavier handgun as appose to a LW
    I also like the lower recoil some of the steel & aluminum framed pistols have .

I also like the safety benefits using a TDA

I had the e2 grips on all my P226s for almost a year. I found that their shape caused me to grip lower on the gun and after higher round count days (really only match settings for me) my wrists would kill me. Switching to the standard grip and the short reach trigger gives my 15 year old girl sized hands good leverage to stay high on the gun and an easy reach for the DA trigger.

For the price of the Mk. 25, you could consider a Wilson worked Beretta. A "G-conversion" gun isn't too expensive.

But that's unless you've already decided.

From what I understand a standard SIG P229 is the way to go. No mag compatibility issues. E2 grips are standard, but you can switch back to the original fatter ones. SRT is standard if I remember right. Holsters and mags are out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

The current E2 gun is different than the older 229 9mm guns and takes 229-1 mags. So there are potential mag issues. Many report ok operations with older 228/229 mags , I did not have that positive experience and would never trust them except for range mags. If you get a current E2 gun you can go to other grips (takes some additional parts).
    FWIW

Just for the heck of it, your girlfriend might try shooting a P239. I have one in 40 and its comfortable to shoot because of the weight. The FBI issued them to women agents. I imagine it would be even more comfortable in 9mm. It's a compact & doesn't have a rail, but if she likes TDA metal Sigs, it might be something she would like as a carry gun some time.

User Tag List