Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 9mm BHP Magazines

Site Supporter
    Both of my Mec-Gar 15-rounders lock the slide back with 1 round left in the mag... pretty consistently. It's only the last round--never has an issue with the preceding 14.

I have a 13-rounder with a matte posphate/parkerized sorta finish (marked: "Italy Cal 9mm NATO/Luger") which runs perfectly. I also notice that the 15-rounders exhibit more of a "ker-chunk" when feeding--like the rounds are nosediving slightly. Never a misfeed, but, it's safe to say I trust that 13 rounder more than the 15-rounders. As mentioned, it seems like the follower design is less stable in the 15ers. I've been doing steel matches with the 15-rnd Mecs, and they're fine for that... just have an extra round in the mag when I reload.

I have another unmarked 13 rounder (with a black finish) that locks the slide back on just about every round. Different follower, different look, etc. It sucks. Big time.

Any guesses as to the make/identity of the "good" 13-round mag? I suppose it's also probably a Mec-Gar, since it says "Italy." But who knows.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-28-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Both of my Mec-Gar 15-rounders lock the slide back with 1 round left in the mag... pretty consistently. It's only the last round--never has an issue with the preceding 14.
    Interesting. Never seen or heard of that happening before. Does that happen with one particular gun, or in several guns with the same magazines? Have you tried other 15 rounders in that particular pistol?

Site Supporter
    I haven’t tried them in any other hi powers—this one (mkiii) is my one and only. And I haven’t tried any other mags in my gun aside from ones I’ve described. I bought it used, and it came with that quartet of random mags. Could be something with my particular gun? I will say I did try a C&c extended slide stop and it made no difference.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 08-29-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Could be something with my particular gun?
    Or those two magazines. There is of course an easy way to test it - get another magazine. That is, of course, assuming you are interested in testing this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Or those two magazines. There is of course an easy way to test it - get another magazine. That is, of course, assuming you are interested in testing this.
    Yeah, exactly. Just hasn't been a pressing need at this point. I honestly think I'll just stick with the 13-round design, as opposed to rolling the dice on another 15 rounder.

User Tag List